Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to smoke too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ashestoashes, May 19, 2010.

1. I doubt this is from smoking too much, but it was scary nonetheless. One time, I was at the county fair with my man, and we had smoked a blunt on our way out. My blood pressure is always normally low, so I get dizzy/lightheaded very easily.

We were standing by that one squirt game (with the rows of chairs and tubes, you have to race to the top) and all of a sudden, I felt a little lightheaded and dizzy. This was no biggie; I figured I was just stoned. However, it didn't go away. I continually felt dizzier and started seeing stars, so I knew I had to sit down.

The only seats around were at the game, so I sat there. Barely making sense of reality at this point, the guy working the game tells me I either have to pay $2 or I can't sit there. In order to avoid the argument, my man just gave him the money.

I'd definitely say it's possible to smoke too much though, especially if you're still new to the herb. I had a friend who, when first starting out as a stoner, would smoke way too much to be able to handle; I always had to look out for her so she wouldn't do anything overly dumb.

2. it's called green fever. in my several hundred times smoking i've never thrown up from weed. if you're an idiot an swallow the smoke a bunch then you're likely to throw up

3. It's got nothing to do with being an 'idiot' and that was just childish to say. Some people can get physically ill if they overdo it. Everyone's body chemistry is different.

4. This just happened to me. Been smoking for a while and this has never been a problem. But then, out of nowhere, i whitied (slang in my area). All my friends have had it happen to them. Its nothing to be ashamed of, and its best just get back on the horse. For most people it just happens once as the body learns to deal with it. It can happen from quality grass, but also from an empty stomach (just like drinking) or over tiredness.

5. you're an idiot if you don't swallow the smoke. i do each and every time. It has never upset my stomach, eased it if anything

6. There's a difference between swallowing smoke and inhaling it,,,one goes into your stomach and one into your lungs. Getting any amount of air/smoke in your actual stomach makes you feel funny, sometimes you get the hiccups...sometimes you throw up. I've hit a blunt, swallowed smoke, went straight to the bathroom and threw up and brushed my teeth and it was my tun in rotation by then...so I hit it. Shit happens.

7. You're the idiot because you've been smoking wrong this whole time! Jokes on you :laughing:

8. Yeah, because that's what I want - smoke particulate settling in my stomach while the THC I just inhaled goes to waste because it's not in my lungs.