Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to smoke too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ashestoashes, May 19, 2010.

1. in derby england we call it a (wighty) wen u be sick or ur cooler drains out of u. mostly its 1st time weed or hash smokers who experience it

2. No way... someone got sick from weeeedz?

Naw man, I don't know the chemistry behind it but you can get sick when you get high.. I don't think it's because THC is telling your brain to throw up... maybe your lungs or something are pissed at you.. contrary to popular belief inhaling mass amounts of burning plant matter isn't necessarily good for you.

Who knows, but yes it can happen.

3. hey lungs, u mad?

4. Bro, I've smoked 1/2 O's with 2-4 buddies in one sitting a couple times. But I've seen people throw up cause they not only inhaled the smoke but they swallowed it and then you have to burp to get it out, lol. it happens everynow and then but thats how ppl could puke or if it was laced. But Go ahead and smoke that half O man just let some buddies share in on the fun haha

5. Yep swallowing smoke can make you sick. It's usually happens by accident when you take too big of a hit.

6. #46 What Drug Test?, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    What you smoked (or your friends smoked rather) is not considered a lot, so i'd be careful cuz you're still green.. :p (and as such, more likely to have some of the greening out effects happen to you)

I remember some young kid was trying to brag to me about how he could smoke more than me, and how his friend had danker kush than me, so I put his shit to the test, he took two hits out of a steamroller, passed on the third, faceplanted into the mud and started snoring there, passed out. Funny thing is he hadn't done any other drugs or drank at all.

Did I pick him up? Hell no.
    I addressed the crowd, "15 a g, 45 an eigth,"

The herb doesn't like to be disrespected, haha.

You can't discuss dealing here. ~AK~

7. I've never gotten sick from smoking and I've been doing this for almost 30 years now but I have seen others throw up, pass out, lose control, etc. I'm not sure what causes it so I can't really comment on that. I also don't think it's possible for me to smoke too much and I can smoke with the best of them. I grow what I smoke and it's as good or better than anything you can find at a dispensary. Having said that, I find that after a certain point I reach a plateau and smoking more doesn't really get me much higher, it just maintains my buzz. I'm wondering if that's true for anyone else?

Obviously everyone is affected differently by weed and reacts differently to various levels of being high so it's probably just the differences in our individual physiologies that allow some people to be "super stoners" while others can't handle large amounts quite as well. You have to experiment and find out where your personal comfort level is.

Personally I think people who can get where they want to be by smoking small amounts are blessed.

8. Yeah it's possible. Happens to me when my friend is like SMOKE ALL THISSSSS. I start to feel sick like I'm going to barf and I have trouble swallowing and shit and I just wanna pass out

9. loool when i smoke to much i cant feel anything, ive learnt how to control it. ive never whitied but many others have, work out your limits and go easy boss!

10. HELL YEAH!!! Thats whats up. Damn good prices to, haha.

11. you dont put tobacco in a hookah, you use shisha. and actually, if you want to smoke without anyone really knowing, you can mix mint shisha with marijuana in the hookah. it tastes great and has no smell of the weed at all!

also, you get HIGH. you start ripping the hookah, forgetting there is even weed in it, and 45 mins later you are just fucked. its amazing.

12. I think you CAN smoke too much. i had a friend who greened out right on the bed, lol. had to get a trashcan for him to vomit into. Me, personally...first time i hit a gravity, i thought i smoked too much already. (what a noob, right? lol) but yeah..just because marijuana is good for the heart and mind, and all that jazz, doesn't mean it can't have ANY negative effect on you. sure, it's worth it, and the effect is short, but it's still present. remember: anything and everything can have positive and negative consequences.

13. Yea I think if you smoke to much then you can trip out and get a headache

14. When people talk about negative effects of marijuana, the argument is usually about lasting negative effects, not immediate.

Back on topic.. It's hard to say if you can smoke too much without being provided a context in which to judge if it's too much.

Can you smoke too much when you're trying to do something that requires some kind of attention span? Yes.

Can you smoke enough to be dangerous to your health in one sitting? No.

15. It is NOT possible. I don't care what they say. Only one person I know has puked once from smoking and we consider him the pussy in our group (can't hold his alcohol either, probably why he threw up while smoking). My friends and I have smoke a LOT. Mids and chron. Smoking has always HELPED ease any nausea, I never heard the term "greening out" before coming here and everyone laughs when I tell them what it means

16. it's not humanly possible to smoke too much to kill yourself, even if you tried youd probably fall asleep long before that. anyways it is possible to smoke yourself to the point where you wish you hadnt smoked so much. i wudnt ever get physically get sick though.

17. Isn't it pretty pretentious to use your perceptively small sample size of friends as a benchmark for whether or not you can smoke too much?

18. Greening out is possible. It's almost impossible for me since I've been smoking for a while. I just never smoke to the point of passing out/greening out. I have no reason to smoke that much. It's happened once and that was my first or second time and we smoked an 8th out of a bong & blunt, and I was done. But I've been at parties, hitting a zong, packing bowl after bowl and I find that people can't keep up with me.

As for the helping nausea, I completely agree. Smoking bud helps relieve nausea, not make me want to throw up... I can honestly say I've never thrown up from smoking too much. I've thrown up from doing too much chew, but that's entirely different.

19. Assuming you have been toking for a while I wouldn't go as far as to say that smoking lots will make have such an extreme reaction.

The most I ever smoked was around 6 blunts (it was an ace of some really good dank on 5 heads) and I was feeling great. Some people have different reactions. My friend on other hand can throw up if he smokes too much.

Different people just have different reactions to the herb itself.

20. i don't think so, my high school was full of stoners and even the chick ones have never "greened out"