Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to smoke and not get high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by high_roller, Apr 27, 2008.

1. soo ive been smoking like forever, and one of the girls i knew asked me if i smoke. i told her i love to smoke and she told me bout her problem..she said her old boyfriend used to smoke her out all the time but she never got high. i jus started laughing..it was impossible..so i called one of my boiz and got a couple of g's of chronic..and smoked her out..lol..she was pissin on clouds...but the point of this thread is ...do u guyz know of anyone who cant get high??it would totallly suck..

2. Yeah.
    People react differently.
    So its not impossible.

3. My sister has smoked about 3 or 4 times..... supposedly, she has never gotten high. I don't see how the hell that is possible.

4. The only reason people say they don't get high is because they don't know how to inhale it right. Show em how to actually do it and watch them cough their ass off.

5. Word up. This my number one reason that I come into for people not being able to get high.

6. They're probably not inhaling correctly or they're not holding it in long enough.

7. yea probably didn't inhale properly the first few times

8. i Have a freind who i waste weed on all the time just in the hope that he will get high

i smoke everyday and have a fairly high tolerance...but this one time i smoked a whole quarter with this dude in one sitting and he never even got the muchies, i was so stoned that i wanted something cold and spicy so i was eating those little icecream poppers and perpercini peppers at the same time

it thought he wasnt inhaling right so i made him smoke out of my clear bong, dude milked it took it in and held it...NOT EVEN A HEADCHANGE some people just dont get high i dont understand it

9. people that say that
    it is their first time or they are lying

10. One of my friends at school can't get high. He's smoked like 20 times too.

11. A friend of mine is allergic to pot. He's only smoked twice but each time he started puking and he turned green (like real green no joke). I thought it might just be side-effects of the weed. Forget a green thumb he's got a green face. At any rate he doesn't smoke anymore lol

12. I really dont get stoned anymore. I've been smoking for a good 8 or 9 years now. I just dont feel it sometimes. I took a tolerance break not that long ago and got high for the first few days and then I went back to not getting high again. It happens.

13. tell that bitch to start inhaling!

14. Actually it is possible. There's some medical patients out there who say when they smoke buds all it does is get rid of their ailment, but otherwise they don't feel it. I feel bad for people like that though. :(

15. I'm going to say I'll assume it is possible to not get high.

There would have to be a problem with your cannibinoid receptors. There are some people who don't use morphine because it doesn't metabolize well, while others have suped up effects due to super metabolization of it.

So I'm going to say it is possible to injest thc and not get high, but unlikely, and thc isn't metabolized it connects to a receptor right away, so I'm going to say that perhaps it doesn't work if a person doesn't have any receptors

16. when i was young(teens) and smoking it had a much, much different effect on me that it does now. I used to have hallucinations, saw the gates of hell and red skies ( and no, it was NOT laced with anything, i am certin), saw a sheep in the laundry room, hyperventilated,.... so on and so on.. so i didnt smoke for years, then started again, and it just made me happy and lax...

point is..

due to chemical changes in my body as i grew older, the effects changed... ( just a theory, but makes sense to me)... so depending on the person, and how everyone is made up differently,.. it just might not have any effect on some.

oh! p.S
    I've smoked myself staright..anyone else done this? lol

17. never done it...but i have a few friends who say they have

18. I think the only way you can't is if you don't inhale right. One of my friends at school think it isn't possible to get high your first time, because "your body doesn't know how to metabolize it" or something like that. I know it's bs though, because I was high for two days after I smoked for my first time.