Is it possible to smellproof a closet?

Discussion in 'Security' started by derpdapimp, Jul 16, 2012.

1. I don't currently have a flowering box, just growing in my closet. I'm hoping to get one to avoid light leaks however until I do, is there any way to smellproof an area like a closet ?

2. with proper ventilation of course, and a carbo nfilter

3. Not really. You can mask it with something like ONA, and use a Carbon Filter but the immediate area till its been sucked through a filter will still smell. Its the nature of the game.

4. For just a small closet one or two of those compact ozone generators would do the trick.

5. If you have a proper inline fan/scrubber and exhaust/intake with some negative pressure in the closet- you would definitely be "smellproof" - maybe some of the stuff dude above me posted or Ona gel to seal the deal or for backup.

6. If you really wanna be careful just add more carbon filters. You pretty much shouldn't be doing this without having the exhaust carbon filtered.. But then you can have a filter just in the general grow room and/or put one in the room immediately outside the grow. Your house would smell like absolutely nothing.

7. u r right,as long as none of air that comes out of garden,you will be all set,look at it this way,when my grow is closed neg+++its acualy pulling air out of my house & fresh,air intake,when i open closet,can feal the air going through the opening,wizzes by my head,this air goes through another,dys box were it sucks in ozone then released via exhaust outside through reg gable vent,once in a while i smell ozone outside,definitly live with that,good luck guys it pays to be safe, and always zip ur lip!!!!:devious: som guy u know perfect

8. Make sure your fans can cope with the extra filters though or the smell will start leaking out other places.

9. Basically I have my plant and CFL lights. No tools whatsoever. It's in my closet and it's alright if my room smells, just don't want it leaking into the apartment. Would Odour gel in the closet be enough? I'm at week 3 flower so I'm expecting the smell to kick in very soon.

10. maybe not depending on ur strain.... sorry . but try carbon filter .... put with a grow tent

11. i was using a closet aswell before my tent, i tried everything ONA, carbon filters, ozone generators, Hepa filters with carbon pre filters....nothing kicked the smell...not that it was overwhelming but you could smell a hint of fresh plants and skunk walking into the house.

i got paranoid as hell, found a hydro store close by and went and paid 140 bucks for a tent ...best purchase ive made in years...no smell..no strange lights.... got the secret jardin DS90 tent

12. sure, I have mine vented to a hole in the ceiling (to the attic) with a centrifugal fan blowing, can hook up the filter whenever it gets stinky