Is it possible to lose your ego?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by didier12, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Everyone keeps saying they do LSD so they can destroy there ego, wtf is this actually possible I usually lose my ego for about 4 days after but not permanantly is it possible to do it forever.

2. have you found mine??:smoking:[​IMG]

3. Lol you're just high, Like I will be in T-minus now!.

4. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i d k about losing an EGO but it can be dramatically reduced..

5. An ego is not a good thing to have in the first place....

6. I never had an ego. I'm just that guy.

7. #7 norcalblaze, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    I think he might be refering to self dissasociation, when you lose all sense of self and reality.

mostly it's never permanent, if you've ever "broken through" on salvia then you've had a taste of ego loss. When the entire concept of your own existance and emotions is lost and you are just floating through reality. The thing about dissasociation experiences is you won't know you've had one until you snap back into your own ego, which can be very alarming and scary for some people.

at least thats what i've always known it as, i think didier is refering to some other after effects of a trip though.

8. Yes.

I experienced EGO DEATH.

I took 2.2 grams of shrooms and had a horrible trip. It made me realize my real personality and changed me forever, completely killed my ego.

Shrooms are better for ego death than LSD, because shrooms are psychologically intense, most people feel insane under its influence.

9. Everyone has an ego...

There are 3 parts... Id, Ego, and Super ego. You know what I'm talking about if you've taken a psychology class. Everyone has an ego, its part of the human mind.

10. I'd say acid is pretty psychologically intense, I mean thats's is whole purpose.

11. Agreed, but from my experience shrooms are more mental for me. I dont really even see shrooms as recreational, its more of a spiritual drug for changing things in your life, its used by many shamanistic people in search of inner healing.

12. #12 Diceman, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    It may help but the only thing that changes your ego is time and the decision to change..acid may numb your ego but I dunno about removing it for you..

You pick up habbits easily. Just gotta put an effort into making yourself think/act a sertent way for a couple weeks. Before you know it...those things you were forcing yourself to do just happen by habbit.

I've been cleanin up my language with this lately.

Notice the people with the biggest egos...love the fuck out of it. They wouldn't wanna change in a million years...even wanting to lower your ego would say something about the person. Maybe that ego isn't all that big?

You could always take whatever your good at...and find someone better. Let them put you in check.

We easily forget there is always someone bigger, faster, stronger, better at it.

I kept wanting to put eggo everytime instead of ego. Don't even like eggos...damn im floatin somewhere..

13. When people talk about ego loss with LSD they are speaking about losing your sense of self, and all of the bias's that come with the human condition and sentience, getting in touch with whatever greater peace might exist.

Read the Psychedelic Experience: A manual based on the Tibetan book of the dead by Timothy Leary, its all about how to use LSD to achieve ego loss.

I think i've come close on LSD, but the only time i think i've experienced true ego loss was on salvia and it fucking HORRIFIED me, its not just something that occurs to you for a couple days after a trip.

hope that helps

14. That what happened to me on salvia. I was sitting in a chair just staring at my friend then into a mirror... don't remember one second of it. It only lasted for about 40 seconds though before I snapped out of it, I was pretty shaken up after.

15. Your kidding right? That drug is barely even psychedelic, not even psychological, its just a "feel good" drug.

16. lmao. A "feel good" drug, are you serious? That would be cocaine my good sir. Dxm is mindfuck and ego death. Dxm really has no physical high at all it is all psychological! I seriously doubt you have ever experienced even a third-plateau trip if you have ever even tripped on dxm in the first place. You have NO idea what it is you are talking about. Dxm is very psychedelic and is hallucinogenic.

17. DXM: Dissociative; Psychedelic.

18. Yes. And ego death = dissociation

19. Bullshit, take 600mgs and tell me first of all, that you feel good at all, and second of all that you're not trippin face.