is it possible to grow without nutrients ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Killer-Storm, Mar 30, 2009.

1. hey i have a question for you, i want to grow outdoor in my back yard garden and use soil
    mixed specialy for weed plants, is it possible for them to fully growen and flower without nutrients at all ?

2. You mean without ferts (ferts being the food you give them, nutes being the actual molecular building-blocks). The plant needs nutes, but if it can get them from the soil then it doesn't need additional ferts. You might be able to grow out a plant without adding ferts, depending on what is in the soil, but almost certainly the yield will be low. Just add ferts, it isn't expensive or difficult, and the plant will reward you.

3. ok, i can buy ferts but i dont know what exactly i need
    i dont want to spend money i want to buy only and exactly what i need
    i will be doing the first 5 plants grow with 5 feminized lowryder #2 that i orderd (outdoor)
    i can buy HESI TNT Complex
    for the grow and HESI Bloom Complex
    for the flowering
    i read that those are award wining ferts that are also well known in the growers community
    but i can also get ferts from ATAMI, Biobizz, GHE - those are the compenys that they sell in the hydro shop, and there are also for soil and also for hydro, i will go soil so...i need for soil

what do you say about HESI ? and are grow and bloom complex's are enought or do i need those
    added stuff like
    Root Complex
    PowerZyme
    Phosphros
    SuperVit

?

4. if you're worried about chemicals or what ever you can always go organic and just add mixes of bat guano, compost etc..

5. i dont worry about chemicals i'm worryed that i will not grow good plants and that they will give me poor yields... i want to use the best ferts i can and in the right way, so i get the maximum out of my lowryder 2#

6. Up!

7. reup....please help. :(

8. Not familiar with that HESI stuff. Definitely go organic.

9. #9 abnormldood, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    They are right, organic is the best way to go. It won't cost you that much really. It's possible to grow a plant in potting soil+perlite+worm castings and then make guano teas and get pretty good yields. I'd watch growing in your back yard though, that's pretty sketchy. Do you get at least 5 hours of direct light in the spot you are growing in? If they don't get enough light per day it won't matter what kind of nutes you're using. I know it's a pain spending out of your pocket, but it will be well worth it come harvest.

10. my spot has more then 5 good hours of sunlight and its protected from strong winds, its pretty much the perfect spot, i just worry not getting the food for the plants right, it dosent matter to me if the ferts are organic or chemicals, i just want to get the best yields i can
    i will be growing lowryder 2# i chose this strain becuz i read alot about how strong and resist to wether and such, so its perfect for me plus its an autoflowering and i'm pretty much a n00b so that is good as well...i just dont know if i really need all the extra ferth, i saw growers useing only grow and bloom complex and got great results, so how are you growing ? useing full ferts kits or do you just use grow and bloom complex ?

11. That is basically what I do - I get over a pound a plant (dried) but my climate is very good for growing.

12. but i dont want fully organic, its too much work, i just want to use ferts like GHE,HESI,ATAMI or so
    but just dont know wich one to get...and if i need a full set or just a grow and bloom complex....

13. Go with a 3-part system like Bio Bizz or Advanced Nutrients.

14. thank you, i will go with biobizz, results from the grow will be show in my juernal
    that i will make when i will start, just waiting for the seeds to arrive...