Is it possible to grow Marijuana in the Winter?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OnlyTy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. How about if you live in California and the lows in your area get around 45? And you grow indoors and put. Them outdoors February 17th into a greenhouse that you put a tarp over for a perfect 12 12? Not to mention there being dehumidifiers in the tent....then can you get great buds ???

2. yes fasts way would to force flower after it sprouts but it will be really airy so add some sugar forgot name but there's a sugar you use thats better then refined sugar. Make sure to add it to water and use that water every 3 days.

3. dont know anything about greenhouses but im in south carolina, went back to summer spot and found me 2 two foot tall plants growing and a bunch of other seedlings. then we had some really cold weather for like a a week and they died. i was curious what the photoperiod would be on them in winter, would thy even bud?

4. force flower

5. how do you do this? could i do this to make them flower early in grow season for longer flowering bigger buds?

6. Okay, so. I live in the bay area of California, its feb. Right now and I sprouted a few seeds outdoors and a few indoors. The days are slowly getting longer and warmer. While nights in this marsh/wetland part of the bay are still somewhat chilly, I found if you cover the toplayer of your soil with some nice rocks or bark, they will retain warmth enough for said nights. My outdoor babys are looking much more beautiful than the indoor ones and its only feb.

7. What size is it? I know they have mini heaters on ebay .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Uncover 6 am cover 6 uncover 5 am cover 5pm just cover for 12 hrs

9. i have grown malana bomb automatic in the winter in a greenhouse,side  yield was low but main bud was great,............... do you get winter sunshine on your greenhouse? if so ........try some ruderalis automatics

10. Oh yeah forgot about autos attuide seee bank or
    http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/feminized-seeds?currency=USD&page=10 good

11. Depends where you are

12. Try Alaskan Thunder Fuck strain it likes cold weather

What Do You When your MIND gets Disturbed light up a MaTcH and toke Some HERB<====>~~""

13. #33 Fallingleaves, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    nm I see

14. Im actually going to give this a shot i figure im in new England in January so the sunlight is less then 12 12 right now so it will force but and the plant gets atleast 3 hours of direct sunlight aday so it will grow so i figure i have 6 plants growing from seeds they are going slow and they are just random seeds o found in my dresser from when i use to grow i think they are afghanis if i remember but they still germinated after 2 years i know they are not femininzed so ill have to watch um and could loose all 6 if i end up with a male/female plant ill seed her from her self so ill have fem seeds but if not ill let her bud and if they are all males ill grow them out and see if anyone needs a male or make hash.

15. @Jonathan420
    I've been using the outside to flower year round for years but it never freezes here in Southern California near the Beach.. Really only June and July will veg a plant outside so that leaves 10 months a year cannabis flowers outside.. With some planning and small veg space you can do a lot outside besides just the middle of summer grows..
    Even a veg space can be done outside with clamp lights and CFLs or even solar lights can get the job done as I've shown on my thread.. As long as they are protected from frost and freeze and get some direct sun per day they will put out..
    14.5 hours of light is the actual trigger for cannabis to flower.. At 14 most strains flower.. At 15 they veg..
    If you plan it right you can put out a big vegged plant as soon as the last threat of frost is over and get a spring harvest in between April and June..
    Jan 1st harvest, set out new plants and take more clones
    March 15 same
    June 1st same
    Oct 15th same
    My red letter days.. 3 sets get a 75 day flower window fall, winter and spring and summer is the extended one with the extra veg time mid summer grants us..
    The dead of winter harvest that I just took is the fluffiest of the four sets but lacks nothing in power.. It might not sell in a dispensary setting but rolled and smoked it'll get you just as stoned and that is the only real point..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1