Is it possible to grow a easy ryder with a single 100 watt cfl daylight 6500k? Details Below

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheGorillaGardenFinder, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Im going to plant a easy ryder low ryder plant, and I was wondering if i could use 1x100 watt cfl daylight 6500k. I will only be growing 1 and these plants typically grow between 1 to 3 feet. They also autoflower.

2. 100 actual watts...sure...100W equivalent...no...

A 100W actual CFL is a pretty big bulb...

You'll probably only get one or two decent bud sites though due to your light being a point source, and distribution not being too great...

You'd do better with a few smaller bulbs to spread the light around...that would allow you to play with the light spectrum a bit also...

3. What IgnorantFool said.

Your light is the biggest determining factor in how much your yield will be. So just one 100w bulb will grow a plant, but it'll be a small yield, possibly to the point of not being worth the electricity and nutes it'll take.

Get more bulbs and spread them around. You won't regret it.

4. I would do that but I have no idea how to put the lights on the side of the plant, I cant find a fixture for that.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

When I was growing with CFLs, I made my own light holders...creativity and ingenuity win the day when you're trying to do something different...

6. How much extra a month do you think it will be on the electricity bill? With the fans and extra stuff lets say the total added wattage would be 200watts.

7. About the same a leaving a desktop computer turned on all day...not very much...

TBH...I never really paid too much attention, but I didn't even have a huge bill when I was running over 3000W of lights and all the associated equipment...

8. You have been a big help most people on the forum dont give a clear answer, and leave me confused, one more issue I have is smell it will be a small plant 1 to 3 feet. I was planning on putting a small filter next to it, what do you think?

9. #9 IgnorantFool, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    Ugh...smell can be a huge issue...

It entirely depends how much you need to keep the smell down...

A filter next to it could work if it's in an enclosed area...maybe...you could run an ONA bucket in the room you have your enclosure in to mask some of the smell also...

If you don't have it in an enclosed are, nothing will eliminate the smell entirely...a flowering plant can smell an awful lot...

If you have security concerns, do not skimp in this area...without proper odour control the smell of just one plant can permeate an entire building...

The best method is a good carbon filter.  There are some good DIY carbon filter threads in the DIY section.

Hard to be sure on exactly what you'd need without being familiar with your grow area...

10. It will be in a basement, and the smell will go threw out for sure, but I was thinking that if it was a small enough plant the smell would be managable.

11. I could also buy a small grow box/tent but Im trying to keep the price down, but spending more money is better than going to jail lol

12. #12 Herbivore23, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    PVC pipping and clamp lamps are your best friends when it comes to cfls. I have a badass setup going right now for just one plant.