Is it possible to give plants to much light but not enough at the same time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vampme, May 9, 2018.

1. I wanna give my plants 16 hours light while in the veggie stages. I currently do not have enough lights ATM. I'm wondering if 16 hours is to much time in the light? To many hours in the light isn't good but it possible to have to many hours in the light but not enough actual light getting to the plants. What are some problem that can from either situation

2. i run my veg lights 24/0

3. 16 hours is nowhere near too much light. I veg 24/0. Cannabis does not benifit from a dark period in veg.

4. 16/8 is less than what people typically do. Most people do 18/6, 20/4, or 24/0.

5. I'm using cfls and need to double what I have that 24/0 seems likes gonna be heavy on electricity

6. Currently Doing 16/8 since I don't have a space ready for them just yet. I currently don't have enough lights for the amount plants I have can switching to a different light schedule help off set this problem a little bit until I get more lights

7. if you have bad lights I'd figure the longer your lights are on the better. Seriously think about getting a good grow light. One qb120 is $100 for the whole kit and will easily pay for itself after one grow.

8. I'm using cfls and have 4 plants. I dintd more then that is one qb120 going to cover 4 plants.

9. What? One won't cover four plants, but it's cheaper than buying enough cfl's for four plants. You can get a kit of four qb120 for $124 and a driver for them for $57. That could get you by for this grow. For all the money you'd spend on cfl's, and time you'd have to spend positioning them all the time, it's a great investment.

10. I have 5 cfls cost about $11 and a 5 head lamps for $25 one 4 plants I think I should double the lights I have right? Each lamp head is good for 60watts so if I get some of them 2 way socket extendeee I can have 10 , 23watt cfls covering the 4 plants. Is this good or should I get one of them qb120 and keep the lights I have and use them together

11. Use it all. If I were you, I'd invest in the 4 pack of qb's. Here's something to think about, not only are the qb's more wattage than your current setup, they are also much more efficient. This is from the hlg website, one hlg 65 (same as qb120) vs 8 23watt cfl's. Your getting more usable light from the qb at almost 1/3 of the wattage of the cfl's.
    IMG_6143.PNG

12. Thanks so much

• Like Like x 1