Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD is it possible to get 100%cbd from a female cannabis plant?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by cannablissfullove, Dec 21, 2020.

1. i am hoping there may be a strain or somthing with zero thc? or maybe when extracting the cbd there is some way to take the thc out? please let me know thank you

2. Get some cbd strains i think less than .3% thc is the best your gonna get because less than .3% to the federal government is hemp.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. even if its not actually hemp?? id love to grow both hemp and cannabis but if i can get a cannabis strain thats 0 thc that would be great..

4. Cannabis in its natural state has both, cbd and thc,only since mankind

has out-bred the oils aiming for a more stringy plant thru breeding

for rope making over the centuries, grow a standard hemp plant and compare

good luck

5. id like to grow both because id like to grow a plant with 100% cbd also make other things with hemp, but dont want to risk cross pollination..

6. i am glad to realize i can get female strains that atleast have mostly cbd though

7. You won't find a THC free high CBD plant. I grow dinamed cbd that has .3% and I could vape it all day and not get high. If you want zero THC then you will need a lab to extract only the CBD

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's 0.3%

9. I read a few years ago that Israel managed a 100% cbd strain. Maybe research that for help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Hemp and cannabis are really the same plant. If it's 0.3% THC yor under it's called hemp.

If it has more THC it's called cannabis.

I've seen strains that are much higher in CBD that meet the definition of hemp and being .3% or under THC.

Any cannabis sativa, which is the scientific name of the plant whether It is grown for THC, CBD, fiber or any other reason, will have trace amounts of THC.

You can get CBD isolate which is pure CBD. I've tried CBD isolate products and find they do absolutely nothing for me compared to an oil extract from the whole plant or flower.

11. @rightsideup Not even the synthetic CBD is always free of THC! :eek2:

Origin of Δ 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Impurity in Synthetic Cannabidiol. (Italy/ Austria) (abst – 2021) (full available 2022-02-12) Origin of Δ 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Impurity in Synthetic Cannabidiol - PubMed

@cannablissfullove Both Italy and China are working on breeding THC-free cannabis with a high level of CBD. All US hemp strains (less than 0.3% THC) do not have enough THC to get you high, unless you want to smoke a pound or two. :D

Cannabinoid-free Cannabis sativa L. grown in the Po valley: evaluation of fatty acid profile, antioxidant capacity and metabolic content. (Italy) (abst – 2014) Cannabinoid-free Cannabis sativa L. grown in the Po valley: evaluation of fatty acid profile, antioxidant capacity and metabolic content - PubMed

Cultivars breeding and production of non-psychoactive medicinal cannabis with high CBD content. (China) (abst – 2019) [Cultivars breeding and production of non-psychoactive medicinal cannabis with high CBD content] - PubMed

But hon, it's been noted that having a bit of THC with your CBD, actually makes the CBD work better. At the dispensary where I volunteer, we are currently sold out of the 24/1 CBD/THC tincture, and the 18/1 was down to 3 bottles- they are rather popular with the older medical patients.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1