Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to forget how to breath while on pot?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rxy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Hahaha, i had a terrible experience not too long ago, i smoked so much in such a short period of time (i was in a rush kinda, trying to get it done before i could get caught) and it just didn't mix. I was throwing up all sorts a shit for about an hour and a half, i felt like i was sinking into the floor (and not in the good way). I felt small and almost like i was watching my life through a scuba tank mask that divers used hundreds of years ago. It was fucked up, i felt like i had to tell myself to breath at points... But when i stopped thinking about it i didn't stop breathing :p

I woke up at 12 the next day feeling hung over. Im not doing that again.

2. if you were in a rush and were smoking a lot you probably swallowed a bunch of smoke on accident. it happens to some people. if i am high as hell sometimes when i am exhaling i might swallow a little bit on the way out. it makes your stomach upset.

3. Sorry to bump this thread.
    and i didnt read through so someone might have said this
    but i heard it was physically impossible to suffocate yourself...
    unless you go into like some kinda body fuckup

4. I think a lot of people here, would not have the balls to put their hands around their own neck and start squiizing. Or put a bag over your head, or just hold your breathe until you pass out.
    Well, everytime you hold in smoke for more then 5 seconds, you are basically starting to suffocate yourself, while killing many brain cells.

5. lmao, shits funny..
    i've been smoking with some of my friends that were newer to smoking who have been like "remind me to breath dude, I get bad sometimes",
    but they've always been chill
    some have took huge rips and coughed for like 5 minutes straight, but not forgot to breath hahah

6. You're gonna go to hell anyways. Every religion says you're going to some form of hell if you dont believe in it.

I said fuck it and just stay away from all the religion stuff. i dont worship satan. i just dont worship god.

7. I forget to breathe sometimes.

True story.

Not because I smoke weed... But because I have dysfunctions in my autonomic nervous system, and at times, I actually have to 'remind' myself to breathe.

I used to be terrified to go to sleep when I was younger, because I was afraid it would happen in my sleep, and I wouldn't wake up in time to make myself breathe.

...Couldn't tell you how many times I've woken up gasping for air, 'cause I stopped breathing in my sleep.

I read an article a while ago, which suggests that smoking MJ can help regulate your autonomic output... Ever since I've started smoking regularly, the number & frequency of these episodes has drastically declined.

So if anything, smoking weed will keep you breathing.

Unless you have a dysfunction in your ANS, you cannot 'forget' to breathe. Your brain has a natural panic reflex that prevents that from happening. If it goes for too long without oxygen, you gasp for breath, no matter what the atmosphere. This is why you can't hold your breath until you pass out.

8. to defend myself
    1) i meant what he just posted. like just sitting there.
    your system reacts. boom, gasp.
    2) im baked?
    3) what

9. [​IMG]

10. thats god way of telling you that smoking is wrong...

jk, but for reals- smoke the vape and calm down. Nothing is to be afraid of, jesus smoked, and the bible was first printed on hemp paper.

11. i fucking HATE that,like when you wake up and your Gasping for air.it's not even from smoking.just like a brain fart or something

12. It's from a dysfunction in your autonomic nervous system, which causes a form of Sleep Apnea. If you hold your breath in your sleep (and you're not over weight), you have a potentially fatal form of Sleep Apnea.

You forget to breathe, because either 1.) Your brain forgets to send the signal that controls that bodily function, or 2.) Your brain sends the signal, but it doesn't reach your diaphragm.

13. Wow, that's kind of scary to think about.

14. Yeah... Autonomic Dysfunctions are scary as hell...

15. you can't forget how to breath, if you somehow did, you would pass out and your brain would then resume breathing automatically.

16. I'm religious too and have wondered the same thing. Watch the Union, you'll realize how prohibition is laughable and that it was based on racism, corporate greed, later antisemitism, and now just fear and ignorance. Watch videos of the DEA raiding dispensaries. You'll see how prohibition is cruel and harmful, especially to those who are suffering. Forget about what your church preaches regarding drugs, they've just been brainwashed. My advice, don't let guilt get to you, keep serving God, and keep smoking because it really only has benefits (as long as you're an adult of course!) *Well actually, consider what it does for you. Does it make you calmer and better adjusted to life? And less angry? That's the fruit of the Spirit, keep at it. Does it make you paranoid or do you put it above God or other people? Stay away from it. Matthew 7:16, friend.

17. Trololol.

18. ^I was responding to his post. Doesn't make me a troll. :)

19. Yeah man sometimes I forget how to breath and I'm like 'damnit how do I breath again?', I hate that.

20. Yeah pretty much I'm enjoying it so much and it's so blissful that I just don't want to breathe and I have to keep reminding myself lol then I know I need to do something then wait till I start to come down. Then I can just go sleep :) and if I ever have breathing problems I know I've smoked too much.