is it possible to fim a plant and get more then 4 tops?...cause i did

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by jazz98, Aug 16, 2010.

1. i recently started a afghan plant to put it in my sog and as i usually do i fimmed it but this time instead of dieing where i cut it, it kept growing. the normal 4 fim tops showed and i was like ok cool i fimmed it but then i was like wait what is that and it looks to me like the spot where nothing grows after u cut it has 3 more tops growin out of it so i got 7 tops wit one cut whhaaaaaa lol has this ever happened to anyone else?

ill have pics up later...

2. Haha, yes that can and does happen! Although it is recommended not to over-top the plant as it generally decreases yield as the plant goes thru a stress period after each consecutive top :(

3. pics please

4. My last single plant grow was under a scrog and had about 50 or so tops. All big fat juicy delicious colas. You can find pics in my old journal. It's called, "watch me flower fruity chronic juice".

5. I was under the impression the topps can reach a max of 32 sites... I have been wrong once before in my life

6. Well I fimmed it, then I went down a set of nodes and topped the 4 at the nest level down, so that gave me 12, then there were 4 more under already, which made it 16, then I took every side branch and made them even w/ the canopy, so they grew into big tops, and before you knew it, everything on the plant was like colas fat like cans of coke all over the damn place.

It was truly beautiful.

7. #7 Mr Mean, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010

Depends on the strain, really. I have a Bubba Kush that hates to be topped, and just topping it once will send it into shock for 3 weeks:mad:. My Pot of Gold, however, will only yield half as much if I don't top it at least 3 times during veg. It responds by growing large side branches that are almost as big as the tops:D.

Some will respond very well to topping, and some will hate it.

It's all in the DNA.

But to answer the question:
    I have had up to nine tops from a single FIM trim (Seedsman Purple Bud).

They were small and grew slowly compared to the FIM plants with four or five tops of the same strain.