Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to eat a gram of bud stright?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sir Durendal, Jan 27, 2009.

1. my friend said that he ate a whole gram of dro and got high off of it...do u think this is possible? if so, how much would you have to eat for a significant high?

2. in b4 sh!tstorm

To answer your question, yeah it's possible to eat a gram of bud straight. But whether you will get high off of it, well, I'll leave that to the sciency people who might post.

3. #3 SoooDef, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Eating straight bud will not get you high. It's gotta be heated to release THC

4. if u ate a whole gram of some bomb ass shit u might get a tiny buzz..

but if u smoked a third of a gram you would get blitzed.

imo.

5. You can eat it, but you won't get high. You might puke.

The weed must be heated to a certain temp to activate the cannabanoids.

I ate like 3 grams and it didn't do anything.

6. yeah, i've had to pull a supertroopers move before...you dont get high.

7. It would probably take more than a gram because only a small amount of THC is psychoactive in unheated/unburned cannabis. You CAN get high eating 'raw' weed, but it's horribly inefficient.

8. i hear there is a special way to cure buds that makes it possible to eat them and get high, but you'd have to eat a _shitload_ of normal bud to get high.

9. Yeh but whats the point of that?

10. Bake them at 225F for 20 minutes or so.

11. duh?
    why wouldn't it be?

12. Yes it's possible and yes you will get high. How high? Prob less than a puff from a joint, but you will get high regardless. THC has a low water solubility rate, although it is water soluble. It does need to be carboxylated to turn into a far more potent form of THC from the acid form(THCa)-the kind that the majority of users here are familiar with, aka using a lighter to light a bowl.

13. For all the reasons people already listed...unless it's heated most of the THC is inactive. Read and learn, child :smoke:

14. One time I had to eat 2.5 grams of some dank because cops showed up at a party, and I swear I got high from it. The whole night I was way higher than normal and kept laughing at everything, and I hadn't been like that since I first started smoking like 6 years ago. My vision also was a bit blurry.

15. 2.5 grams of good bud will get you high if you eat it. It just won't get you nearly as high as if you cooked with it or smoked it all.

16. Ok, not tryin' to hi-jack your thread, but here's an add on...

If you did persay eat that gram, would it be possible to get a little "more high" if you had fatty acids in your stomach? Say you just got done eating a bunch of peanut butter or something, and the thc fused to the fatty molecules already ingested, but not quite digested yet.

I guess that's one of those questions you can only come up with while you're high and done eating.
    :hello:

17. That is an excellent question, but the answer is no. Fats and alcohols are excellent for extracting THC, but they do not activate it. Only dehydration and heat does that.

18. Well then, I guess it's back to my original idea of a firecrackers for my girl and I.
    Thanks oldskool.
    :wave:

19. Im just gonna throw this out here but....How about you just smoke the gram...I mean as least you know your gonna get blazed, Better then trying to eat and realizing you wasted a gram of dank buds.

20. make a fire cracker. you only need a gram

graham cracker
    extra oily peanut butter. if u dont have that at some cooking oil. that is what realeses the THC.
    put the peanut butter on the graham cracker
    sprinkle ground up weed on peanut butter

this is were i get fuzzy i need someone who knows what temp to put it on. i think its like 350 but dont quote me.

if u have bomb weed it might taste good but they gennerally tend to taste like shit. but you get really really high