is it possible to dry and smoke fan leaves?

Discussion in 'General' started by adbarnesh, May 11, 2021.

1. wondering if smoking fan leaves would be good for a normal smoke instead of a cigarette? or maybe it burns to fast?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. You can. It would probably give you more of a headache than get you high though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. No nicotene in fans... no tobacco tax to pay, no sales tax to pay ...knock your self silly

• Like Like x 4
  4. I've done it, I used fan leaves from a mature plant and copped a slight buzz. I'd say do it over cigarettes. Nicotine addiction is fucked.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fan leaves I've made into dog cookies before, a nice mash of grain milk powder and bone meal

• Like Like x 2
  6. @adbarnesh Hon, the pot that the hippies smoked in the late 60s was half leaves! (I know, I was there!) So yes, you can smoke fan leaves, but they are rather low in THC and will give you just a mild buzz.

However, in Italy they are now legally selling "light cannabis" (aka hemp cigarettes) as a tobacco substitute.

Your fan leaves should be about 1/10 as strong as your buds. So if your buds are 20% THC, then the fan leaves would be around 2%. Even at 2% THC, that is 10 times stronger than "light cannabis" which is limited to a paltry 0.2%.:mellow:

(inflorescence leaves = sugar leaves)

"The content of most cannabinoids (including THC, CBD, CBG, CBC, THCV) substantially increased with plant height, both in the flowers and the inflorescence leaves.The concentration of cannabinoids in the inflorescence leaves is considerable and for THC and CBD reached about half of that found in flowers. Concentration in fan leaves is about 1/10 the concentration found in flowers."

Interplay between chemistry and morphology in medical cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.)
    (Israel) (abst – 2019) Interplay between chemistry and morphology in medical cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.) - ScienceDirect

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I'm extremely high and enjoyed this post.

8. @1-2Many Glad you enjoyed it. I like reading medical studies while high and usually have a pipe topped with hash within reach, so I stay "comfortably stoned".

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. As a cigarette substitute yes. During the Great Depression farmers used to dry and smoke hemp leaves as a cigarette substitute.

10. I have before, and they did get me high, but it still wasn't great.