Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to die

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shmoke, Feb 20, 2009.

1. agreed. after years of smoking i still do hours of research, also anything new im interested in trying i research and talk to people first, don't be stupid and just go for it without knowing the facts

2. Just so you know, I have severe panic disorder.. I smoked weed for years before I ever had a panic attack. Panic disorder occurs once you have a panic attack, and you actually panic at the thought of having another panic attack just because you remember the strange feeling of having one before. Anyone who has had a bad panic attack wouldn't call you stupid, not in the least. Panic attacks do infact make you feel "impending doom" or that you are coming to an end. You start to focus on retarded shit like, "what if's" .. What if this weed is laced with raid and I'm going to die.. what if i have a bad heart and my heart rate being this high is bad for me and so on. I'll be honest with you, if you go into smoking thinking "okay i better sit down and avoid a panic attack" you're going to have a panic attack, bottom line. Weed smokers want to kill all the myths about marijuana that makes it look bad so they sometimes over react .. such as "you're stupid, weed cant kill you!" which they're right, weed can't kill you. Heres another positive, panic attack's can't kill you either. I've been to the hospital over 20 times with panic attacks within the last 6 months, and i stopped smoking weed over a year ago. Sometime my heart rate has been as high as 212 bpm, waking up from sleep, and going straight to the hospital and it being that high. it can be scary. even after having hundreds of panic attacks, they still scare me.. it's just a fact of life. Here are some tips however.. You can tell when a panic attack is coming on, if you start to have them often, you'll notice you begin to get "on edge" your mind begins to race. Occupy your mind. Find something to do, so that you don't focus on the panic it's self. Also, if you find that you panic constantly, see a doctor, get on some xanax, buspar, valium, whatever you find works to medicate the panic attacks its self. NEVER TAKE BIG BREATHS.. this is stupid. Panic attacks increase your breathing rate. You need to slow it down, taking big breaths will cause hyperventalation and numbness of your face and limbs further worrying you about dying and son on.. I quit smoking weed because it all started when i was once high, now I realize it was an underlying problem the whole time that weed had nothing to do with, it's just a part of my fucked up brain, but hey we're all different. I still grow bud, but don't smoke it anymore because I know i will have a panic attack if i do, and that kind of kills the fun. You will find out what's best for you, and chances are you wont end up with panic disorder or any bullshit like that, but i figured i'd maybe throw my experience out to you incase you ever end up in that situation. Even if you do end up with panic disorder, it's not the end of life, or smoking, many people find that some strains of weed help their panic disorder out and so forth so they don't have to rely on perscription medications. I wish you all the best.

3. he never asked if marijuana could kill him as he stated 3 times through the thread. you're gonna bash him about not educating himself, when you didn't take the time to read the entire thread? get real man...

4. ^this.

I understand your new to smoking, but really? Checked into the hospital? Next time try google.com, dogpile.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, or ask.com and do some research so we don't have another false negative statistic against the decrim. Of MJ

5. technically is it possible to die like overdose....but i heard u have to smoke your body weight? now thats impossible lol...well atleast for me and im pretty sure everyone else haha

6. first off, shut the fuck up about a false negative statistic you dick, no one said anything about it being because of marijuana, i just freaked out, this happens alot, and i did look up info and stuff, i also asked questions about it on this fourm, so stop being a dick thinking your mr420 and shut the fuck up.

7. I have read every post in this thread. I understand he never asked if marijuana could kill him... What im saying is that he experimented with marijuana with VERY LITTLE knowlage about the drug. If he educated himself then he would never have gone to the hospital and would have never gotten charged with posession.

Im trying to help another member of the city.... "get real man."

8. #68 PlasticStaple, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    I really hate arguing on the internet so ill just sum it up..

Dont stress man, sometime down the road when your smoking again you WILL get a panic attack and you WILL have an increased heartbeat. It is normal for all users to expierience this.

Just try to calm yourself and remember that you WILL be ok..

EDIT:
    And to answer one of your previous questions, yes you may feel paranoid for the whole time you are high. It has happend to me before, but it was because i smoked high grade weed and a whole lot of it.

9. if it happens again just lay down drink some water lisin to good music and tell yourself its just weed theres no way im dyding and it will pass in a little bit
    just if you ever see yourself thinking weird shit just put on some headphones and lisin to music that wont freak you out anymore

10. Sorry dude but before you check into the hospital ask someone else, that was the dumbest things you probably could have done.

11. I feel like my heart is beating wierd sometimes when I'm high. Nothing bad ever happens though. It's just in your head.

And no, you cant die from weed.

12. I died smoking a year's worth of harvest in one sitting out of a giant hookah. I was sent to Hell, then sent back to Earth to grow Devil Bud to corrupt the remaining souls on the planet.

13. thank you for all the help everyone. everyone is telling me, (family members), that if i didn't go in to the hospital i would have had a heart attack... i find this hard to believe..

14. Nobody has had a heart attack from cannabis, at least nothing ever recorded. I'm glad you're OK though.

15. #75 musho3210, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    Ask them how. It may have been a fast heart beat, but that was probably partially from the fear and anxiety etc. that you subconsciously got when you got high. Even with the addition of THC your heart was probably even less than the speed at which you exercise at.

Again, more misconceptions trying to show how weak the human body is. It's actually amazing how strong the heart is and how much it can take, especially if your in your 20's.

Tell your family a fast beating heart has very little to do with a heart attack unless you already have a heart problem and your like 80 years old. And if you dont try pot until your 80, then you live in one hell of a nursing home.

THC is not a stimulant and it does not put deadly strain on your heart. Caffeine probably damages the heart more than THC....

16. i had 1 of those but it was way worse nd i started pukin nd shit 2 my friend said i looked dehydrated because i was pale so i told him to get me a glass of water but i ended up asking for like 5 glasses of water(i was scared i was dying of dehydration) but that was way 2 much nd i ended up pukin up water. but it never happened since then. now i jus smoke up:smoking:.

17. Marijuana cannot kill you.

18. I'm sure if someone were to die from Cannabis the U.S. Government would be the first to publicize it, and I haven't seen any "Weed Killed My Son" commercials.

19. (I didnt read anything but the title) - YES