Is it possible to build muscle at home?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Jeffersong808, Apr 1, 2012.

1. I used to go to a gym but it got really expensive. I have a pullup bar, a bench press, ezcurl bar, & dumbells.

2. Yes.That's how I got buff.Just always follow your daily schedule.

3. Of course. Do push-ups and stuff like that.

4. DB squats. then more DB squats.

5. Db squats work? :O

6. Why wouldn't they? Add some lunges holding your dumbells and that's a pretty solid quad workout. The only muscle that's really hard to work at home is hamstrings.

For hams, you can do straight leg deadlifts. You can also try hamstring curls holding a dumbell between your feet while lying on the bench or hanging from the pullup bar, but those are a pain in the arse.

7. yeah and run yo. hammy's love that running. calves too. only thing with DB squats is they a high volume exercise. meaning 5 sets of 5 reps aint gonna do piss all for you.

I'm assuming you've got 35lb DB's. what I done was 4 sets of 25 reps. shit will get you breathing hard real fast so if that's too intense go an' drop the number of reps but keep the amount of sets the same. do 10-15 squats 4 times. take as much time between sets as you need.

up reps and sets as needed. so yeah. like i said, high volume. lots of reps. buku help on that there muscle endurance though; which is cool.

dat nigguh trogdor is right. toss some lunges in there. they'll hit the ham's. just not as hard as a leg curl machine which is why i recommend the running. and if you sit back far enough into your DB squat your ham's will thank you, and you won't tear nothin.

runnin 2-3 miles every other day really jacks you up. up that to 5-8 after awhile.

high volume shit will only get you so far. build a damn squat rack. 4x4 posts and decking brackets. galvanized framing nails.

and another thing. that many sets of that many reps will tire you mentally REALLY god damn fast. so be prepared for that.

bacon, oatmeal, macaroni, tuna, eggs and potatoes are your friends.

hydrate or die.

8. Doesn't build muscle. Decent routine though depending on what you want in one.

Yeah you can build muscle at home I just suggest getting a squat rack of some kind and with that you can do squat, deadlift, you already have a bench, and a pull up bar, so just get the squat rack and enough weight and you're golden.

9. anything that builds muscle is going to build muscle bro. :confused:

10. You CAN also build a small amount of muscle just doing pushups/bodyweight exercises, but you'll hit a plateau very quickly that you aren't likely to break without weights.