Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to be athletic and smoke weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Railer, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Is it possible to be in good athletic shape specifically good breathing and cardio. Not like the psychological effects but like smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you smoke often you will notice the impact on your cardio performance, but it shouldn't effect your weight training. But you can definitely still be athletically fit and smoke. I would suggest you try to switch to vaping though if you smoke often and if you compete then definitely either smoke occasionally or switch to vaping because you will notice the difference

3. It's weird though because I know people that smoke maybe like 3 grams a week are still really athletic

4. #4 cball, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014

well the answer is NO obviously..because the DEA said so, so there, and stop pointing out people like this guy...
    [​IMG]
    he is a bad example of an athlete because he used pot to enhance his career unpaid sports hobby...

unlike these guys who are upstanding athletes...who only used what gawd gave them to make millions a year...never using 'anything illegal'...
    [​IMG]

ya... :wacko:

5. Dude look at Michael Phelps lol.... I love getting dabbed out, then skateboarding. Fun as hell. I also like basketball, of course im not a professional but I love it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. it really shouldnt. i smoked a gram the next day got a new pr for my mile run.. just don't smoke too much maybe 2-3 time a week max

7. Ive smoked around a gram a day for almost three years. I do cardio every day, I can run or bike farther than I ever could before, and my lungs function even better when I vape

8. Yea i run track and cross country plus mountain biking when I can. Cardio is good for you especially if you smoke.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

9. #9 Deleted member 281310, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    that famous pothead swimmer from the olympics. but i dont know ive never gotten in good shape when i smoke weed. i usually degrade but i can see sometime in the future where i can be healthy or athletic and smoke. some people are

10. I smoke regularly and can still run around 3 miles at a pretty good pace. Haven't timed it or anything but I haven't noticed any reduced lung capacity. My biggest problem with weed and fitness is eating way too much when i'm stoned and regretting it later  :laughing:

11. Ask michael beasley. He's been busted with weed 4 times in his nba carreer and he's still playing as good as ever for the heat. The last time he got busted in 2013 was part of the reason the suns traded him. Also obviously michael phelps. Ir you can still win gold baked that should tell you something.

So yes you can be athletic and smoke weed. I ball it up on people blitzed out of my mind all the time and like some other dude said i skateboard too. It's the cigs that ruin you. Not talent-wise but your endurance and stamina will go down the tubes.

12. Ask Michael Phelps

13. #13 cothrantyson, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

idk OP

14. #14 iamthewalrus, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Dude think about the amount of skaters that smoke weed, that are pro, like the whole baker team smoke and they are pros, you'll be grand
    Also vape it and it won't be as hard on your lungs

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394832801.767082.jpg

16. I know a few body builders too that started smoking after they workout just so they can down a crazy amount of food
    Never heard a health complaint about it, and breathing is a huge part of every exercise

17. I do hardcore training for football. Lots of running and weight lifting. Im one of the fastest guys on my team. And smoking before weight lifting is great

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. No, it is not possible to smoke weed and still be athletic. That is why Michael Phelps had such limited success.

19. #19 Crony, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Almost every player in the NBA and NFL smoke 

20. Well if you smoke everyday or often, yeah it will take a toll on your lungs, body etc. smoking anything will effect your cardio.

So if your a "serious" athlete (like making a future out of it) I would just advise not getting use to smoking bud for obvious reasons like constant drug tests.