Is it possible to add co2 tank and vent room air for temperature/odor control?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ryanwilcox03, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Is it possible to vent air and use co2 effectively?

I'm using illumitex Neosol LEDs and they actually give off a good amount of heat....
    Well it's spring time here in CO and that means summer heat is coming.I'm using illumitex Neosol LEDs and they actually give off a good amount of heat.... I have multiple LEDs in a room that's about 18' x 8'. I never used any type of ventilation on my first grow so I was able to easily run CO2. Now I gave a 400cfm Vortex fan running from carbon filter to the attic temperature is about 81F which is great. The humidity is only 40. Is the room getting more co2 from the air coming in from the AC vent on the ceiling.

Should I get a humidifier to get the humidity up? I tried putting a few bull buckets of water but it only raised it by a few points..

Also, since I wish to run CO2, how can I have if flowing from my regulator without it all getting sucked into the attic? I'm lost here. Please help! Is it just one or the other or what? Would I have to use more energy and get a separate floor air conditioning unit but wouldn't even that require ventilation? I rarely see any topics on here about proper ventilation and CO2 as I believe it's quite essential.
    All responses are greatly appreciated.

2. If your venting constantly to control temperature then you would blow CO2 into your attic wasting it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 rapo9510, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Ok so ill try to answer this the best I can im certainly no expert on co2 but I do have some knowledge about it .

Co2 is most efficient and effective in a sealed room . Meaning there is no intake or exhaust .

For a sealed room most likely gunna need a ac and dehumidifier . To keep the environment in check .

For ac the best option is a mini split but you can use other systems . I use a portable ac but make sure you get the ones that have 2 hoses to vent in theory the portable unit is sealed and wont pull out co2 . A window unit is the least efficient because it will suck the air to operate the ac causing you to lose co2

Now im not saying you cant exhaust its just not efficient . If your exhaust is running every hour to keep temps in check co2 might not be your best option unless you have the proper equipment to dial it in meaning you could ditch the exhaust and just run ac

Keep in mind plants with abundant co2 actually like the hotter temps for optimum uptake ..

Hope that helps ..

check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1287120-rapos-2400w-dwc-sealed-room.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree with Rapo. AC is probably your best option for keeping things cool if you already have a CO2 setup.

My room is a lot smaller than yours, but I have a different set up. I do not have added CO2, so I am bringing in outside air through a 6" intake, while exhausting with a carbon filter and 10" blower, and I also have a portable air conditioner with the 2 hoses to keep things cool.

My exhaust runs with the lights, and my air conditioner is on 24/7 but I have it set to 26C so it doesn't get warmer or colder than I want it. (although it does get colder than 26C, that's only when the a/c kicks on.)