Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible that edibles just don't work for some people?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JayHomes, Jul 7, 2009.

1. i have eaten marijuana cookies on several occasions, i have eaten leary bisquits, and tried raw (i know that generally doesn't work)
    none of those have worked and i don't know why. i mean i'm rly light weight, 120lbs at the most, and i smoke a couple hits off a bowl a week, so the edibles even though they're being made with mids should have a pretty noticeable effect on me right?

just curious cuz i was planning on making some firecrackers and i don't wanna just waste weed cuz i have on previous occasions

thanks in advance

2. dude i smoke alot and i just tried that whole ramen noodle things been an hour still nothing your not alone lol i had special brownies before and nothing lol

3. No, someone is making them wrong, or you are not eating enough.

If you can get high from smoking, edibles will get you high.

4. Seconded.

5. Maybe there made wrong.

6. I disagree with this.

My husband, for one, cannot manage to get actually high off of edibles (I've talked to a couple other people on here with similar problems).

I smoke much more than he does, and the ganja-treats around here get me (and anyone else I've seen take them) absolutely fucked up off of just one, sometimes even just half.
    My husband can eat 3 or 4 of the same treats and not feel anything but a slight body high for a very short period of time. Less of a high than he would off a bowl or two.

This can't be chalked up to how the treats were made or his tolerance.

He does have a very high metabolism, probably one of the highest of anyone I've met.
    He can cram food in his stomach for days and not gain a pound. :p

I'm not a doctor, so I don't know any medical specifics, but I can only guess that this might have something to do with it. :confused_2:

7. I smoke alot.Edibles get me fucked up.

8. same here

9. junkiedays it's funny that you would mention that your husband doesn't get high from them and has a high metabolism. i'm the exact same way like ever since i was a litttle kid i could eat straight chocolate for every meal for days and never gain a single pound

i'm also a vegetarian but i dunno if that would have any effect on them

10. Nope, I've been a veggie for over three years and edibles work for me; some times more than others though. I do have friends with relatively similar tolerances and edibles effect us differently; I really think it's an individual thing.

11. I've yet to taste a thc treat that didn't get me stoned to the bone. I have a really high metabolism, which in a lot of ways helps you get high from the shit even quicker. Weight and height could possibly play a role in it.

12. Someone is fucking up. Get a half and make 15 brownies. Eat that shit you'll trip out. If you don't something is severely wrong.

13. The fact that he can get even slight body buzz indicates it is working. He just needs a higher dosage. Everyone has different metabolism. Everyone who has told me they don't work on them has been made a liar by me slipping them a heavier dose the next time around. That is why i always recomend that you start with the most and best herb you can afford as it would be no big deal to end up only eating a half a cookie versus having to eat 6-7 of them.

14. thirded.

15. ate a firecracker like 3 hours ago, I am high but not that high,

oh fuck it i am really high.

16. I don't know if an abnormally slow metabolism, like the one Junkie Days mentioned, could be the cause of not feeling the effect of an edible.

I have a normal metabolism, and even on days when I run in the morning and have a heightened metabolism, edibles work for me if they're done right. I've had very few edibles made with cannabutter that actually worked (only 2), and they were all from the dispensaries. Hash oil edibles are the only ones I buy now. Eating a third gets me very high; eating half is unnecessary. I've actually thrown up after eating 2 hash oil edibles over the course of a day (from my hypothalamus being overloaded with THC/CBD), and I smoke dank 3-5 times a day. A third of a chocolate bar will last me 4-5 hours, while smoking only lasts me 1.75-2.5 hrs (dank out of a GonG).

Mind you, this is all on an empty stomach (2 hours before a meal or 3 hours after). Edibles get diluted when you eat them with food.

17. i've always had trouble with eating things to get a buzz "ecstacy, any pills" so i was taking a risk last night when i mixed 2.5 grams into a cup of peanut butter i let it sit out over night and this morning an hour and a half ago i put it in the oven in a glass dish on 300 for 25 mins and i feel 100% sober still btw i ate all 2.5 grams, mids tho. WHY!?:(

18. What the FUCK kind of recipe is that? Make a firecracker. Make cannabutter. You don't just throw it in fat/alcohol and then eat/drink said substance. Find a real recipe and make that next time.

19. he pretty much made a firecracker, just with no crackers...