Is it possible for weed to spark depression/bipolarity?

Discussion in 'General' started by BomayBC, Jun 15, 2012.

1. I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. I'm pretty sure I was sad before I started smoking weed. I've been smoking almost everyday for a year now and I feel like I'm even more down than usual. I'll feel really down at times, smoke some weed and I don't feel sad for a while. Then it sorta fades away and it's back to the same thing. I don't smoke as much as I used to though, but my friends are convinced it's the weed that's making me feel like this. Sometimes it's random too, I'll be fine then I get irritated and irritation switches to simply wanting to go in a corner and cry myself to sleep or something. I don't really think it's the weed that's doing this,but if anyone else gets this let me know. (Also none of these random feelings happen when I'm stoned, only when I'm sober)

2. Yes, this is not totally unheard of. Weed has been known to bring out depression and bi-polar like symptoms in certain people.

3. Marijuana can bring out dormant mental issues so I would say take a break and see if you cheer up.

4. i would always feel depression growing up.. but then i started smoking and now only feel depressed when im out of smoke... and yeah its way more tolerable now

5. [quote name='"budensity"']i would always feel depression growing up.. but then i started smoking and now only feel depressed when im out of smoke... and yeah its way more tolerable now[/quote]

I agree dude, I mean getting high miiight not be the healthiest way to deal with it, but if your going to be manic why not have it correlate with your smoke intake, which is just a habit/crutch and nothing more. I kind of feel like I get these symptoms as well, but I usually blame it on losing my high or just get mad at my.current frustrating situations, in short act like an angry young man. Idk dude but thanks I feel better even knowing other people are willing to talk about this stuff

6. [quote name='"budensity"']i would always feel depression growing up.. but then i started smoking and now only feel depressed when im out of smoke... and yeah its way more tolerable now[/quote]

Me too, I started smoking because I was depressed.
    At least it gives you good vibes for a while :smoke:

7. tis possible to exasperate mental illness if it is dormant and preexisting...yet depends upon perspective of the user/ life experience and your reactions to certain stimuli/ substances.... id say take a break and if you feel better maybe its not for you or maybe you are just going through some tough life changes...
    endure life...
    ..eventually it gets easier to bear
    naw mean?:smoke:

8. of course its possible. anything is possible. everyone is different.

9. Weed is a depressant, stimulant, and psychoactive substance.

Also, it can bring out issues for many people such as depression, bipolarity, and schizophrenia to name a few.

It has most links with schizophrenia.
    If you are prone to it, you will more than likely catalyze the schizophrenia if you smoke weed.

10. yes, if you have the pre condition existing. the DSM-IV has diagnosis such as psychosis due to cannabis abuse. some people will start tripping out if they smoke because of their brain's wiring

11. yes, yes it can

12. Maybe it could be that you are not smoking as much as you want. Dont make any plans, make goals. Weed isnt even that important. Its holy to me, the thoughts I get are beautiful when I am stoned. But who made the thoughts God did. Who made the wisdom, clarity, and peace of mind? God did. Ask your Father in Heaven for this wisdom and peace.