is it possible for the United States to get invaded?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Think about this... If the Chinese attempt virtually ANY type of ground attack, we can just order drone strikes on them before they can even get close. And if they do, we'll probably have major defenses set up just in case anyone gets through...

Basically, we're not going down unless they bomb us and destroy our military

edit: And that's only if their missiles/planes get to the mainland thanks to our missile defense system

2. Why invade and not nuke? Hehehe

3. Yes. We're really not that awesome.

4. Any military could try but they'd get shit all over. You can't successfully storm America on land. If you make headway into land and push us back, you'll lose too much of your force to sustain a long fight and you'll eventually be pushed out

5. I don't think you realize how developed China is champ.

Remember the Joint Strike Fighter project? China got wind of that and whipped up their own functioning version in less than 6 months.

China's military is nothing to take likely, with some of the greatest technical minds in the world adding to their arsenal.

If you really believe Chinese troops are touting WWII grade equipment than you must get your facts straight from your bum. :)

6. China is beyond WWII tech, but they're still not nearly as advanced as the US. The only thing they really have on us is numbers. But bombs can fix that if need be

But it doesn't matter. China would never fuck with is. They'll publicly oppose some things we do for the sake of their allies, but they depend on us too much to go to war.

7. What constitutes 'not nearly as advanced' exactly?

Do they have massive stockpiles of drones and nuclear weapons like us? No.

Do they have sufficient military tech to say, level a major world city? Definitely.

I do however agree 100% with you when you say China would never show aggression to the US.

8. Possible, I think so. If China, Russia and India all teamed up, the 3 strongest after the US, they could take out the US. Probable? Hell no.

9. When they find that body, all russia will cry for war

10. Anything can happen, it just wouldn't be a smart decision.

11. You're right, they definitely don't have ALL weapons and shit from WW2 era... Not THAT slow militarily, but they're definitely way behind us.

And please get off your high horse man calling me champ and telling me I get my information from "my bum", you got some huge ego dude. My professor taught us all of this stuff and trust me, he is WAY smarter than some random dude on the internet, champ. ;)

12. We've already been invaded by illegal mexicans lololololololololol

13. If there is ever an invasion it probably have the kick em while they're down approach. I'm glad I live in Canada mostly every one likes America's top hat

14. if anyone wanted to kick things off with contant EMPs. That would kill tons of people and cause anarchy across the nation. That would disorganize things enough for a significant force to send in ground troops, missiles whatever. EMPs could completely fuck us.

15. I guess, but that would only be going off of the idea that anything is possible.

On a related note, I predict that America will implode rather than falling because of an invasion. This world is a fucked up place though, who knows what will happen. Scary to think about how many people would love to see us all dead.

16. EMPs have been around since 1945. It's a pretty well understood piece of technology. A major emp attack would be a problem for civilians, but the military has multiple safeguards known to public to protect their equipment from being affected (you can safeguard your own devices yourself, you know).

And the US government has expressed they're aware very few Americans prepare for an EMP attack and they've said they have way (not disclosed as far as I know) to quickly begin repairing things. Given our technology I don't even think an emp would take out our electrical grid, so I don't doubt we could executive an effective repair process quickly.

Not to mention, EMP'ing us would not just affect us, but any others who are invading. All that aside though an EMP is still taken seriously enough that if a nation used one on us, we'd return fire with nuclear attack. I don't think it would be worth it for another nation to do it.

A terrorist group would have less to worry about by doing it, but I seriously doubt any could do it to the entire country. They'd hit a small area, leaving the rest of the country unaffected, and it would be quickly repaired.

If EMPs were the magical weapon some people make them out to be, don't you think we'd see them used much more often?

17. An EMP would literally make me useless. Electrodes and a couple batteries in me... hopefully that wouldn't happen because I'd be pissed lol

[​IMG]

China has absolutely zero chance, militarily. Dude saying they're far more advanced than we think is not even a little bit correct. They have a single aircraft carrier as was mentioned and it's a decommissioned Soviet carrier. China's military is freakin laughable honestly, at least compared to Western countries. Only advantage they have is manpower. We have the technology and the homeland manpower to repel any attacking ground force.

I guess we can't really know unless it happened though..... but then, refer to the above. ;)

18. the fuck are you talking about? lol

19. Haha I have a disorder and underwent a surgery a few years ago where they implanted a couple deep brain stimulators in me. EMP = disabling electronics, right?