Is it possible for one man to change the world in a big way?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Elem3nt17, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Just as the title says, is it possible? Everyday I see how assbackwards things are in this world. I want to change it for the better in a huge way. The thought that holds me back everytime is this. Is it even possible with our world being so big, and humanity in such disarray for one person to change it in a very large way for the better?

2. yes its possible but by no means is it an easy task

3. It is possible for one man to change the world in a big way.

Example: Mr. Hitler

4. "Those who go out of their way to help you, will most likely hinder you"

I almost agree with this motto, but i still try to help out where i see its needed.

5. change is only possible through the people.

6. Every rain starts with one drop.

7. i would like an explanation of how this applies?

8. Oh very well. Youth today, so lacking in imagination :rolleyes:

:D

OP wondered if one person can change things. The answer is yes, but as with rain, one is more likely to be a follower of that first drop, than being the first. Though nonetheless, somebody got to be that first one.

And to an extent, that first one can steer the deluge. Just don't expect full control.

And just as rain, human movements for change do not happen in a vaccuum. There are releasing factors.

9. hitler
    ghandi
    jesus

it is possible but its dont as much the single person but the ability for that person to convince others to do as they believe.

ie.
    hitler convinces others to be a nazi
    jesus convinces others to convert to christianity
    ect

10. Nope, you're going to need alot of help from alot of people.

Zylark, and Joe Biggs covered it. You can be the idea man, but if no one listens, nothing will change.

11. Oh easily. Theres a few different ways.
    Being a billionaire would get you lots of power to change things.
    Building a following through charm and eloquence
    Killing mass numbers of people to control through fear
    I actually am a diagnosed sociopath and a narcisist so I have no idea what morals someone could have on this subject though.

12. The answer is yes. The real question is are you the one!
    Do you have it in you to be a leader, are you dedicated to what you believe in, is what you believe in going to help man kind for the better, can you make other people believe in what you are dedicated to, and when you have everyone's attention are you willing to die or should I say sacrifice yourself!

13. who or what are these "people" you speak of?

14. How does it not apply? It might only take one person to start a movement, but once its started and more people are with the cause it might be a light rain. The goal, is to get it to be a huge storm..

The question of "can one person change things" doesnt have to mean, can one person change it all by them self, but can one person rally enough people to really get something changed.

15. - Harry Chapin​