Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it painful to smoke a joint?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by graphique, Jul 16, 2009.

1. I smoked a joint for the first time by myself the other day and it was surprisingly painful on my throat. I've smoked both from a pipe and bong and neither of them gave me any pain (the there was that slight smoking burn from a pipe, but it was minimal). Is it normal for it to hurt like this? If not, could it be the weed or the way I rolled it?

2. IMO it hurts less than a bong, what papers did you use?

3. 1. Was it a spliff? Meaning, was there tobacco in it? If there was, it could cause the smoke to be more harsh than just weed by itself.

2. Kind of weed? If it was just some regs, then its gonna be more harsh than smokin some good headies.

3. Most likely, its just the paper that you're not used to. Your lungs will get used to the paper after a few times.

Roll up another and give it a try :smoke:

4. try taking smaller hits, or if joints are just too harsh for you dont smoke them, use a pipe or bong.

5. You should get used to it after awhile but in my opnion the way people roll has a big effect on how the joint smokes. Bongs are easier on the throat because your not smoking paper and the smoke passes through the water inside cooling it down.

6. Usually when a joint is painfull to smoke it hasn't been rolled and or smoked properly, firstly if the joint is shittily rolled at the mouth piece without a filter and you drag to hard you gonna suck up some hot chunks of bud which obviously is gonna irritate your throat and cause you to choke like a ho, however a nicely formed filter can eliminate that problem. Another problem is if you rip it to fast and to hard, youll quickly drown your lungs with smoke, just take it easy and drag nice and slow as if you were taking a deep breath, but instead of air its the smoke of some sticky icky deliciousness :)

7. Sometimes if the Js are rolled too loose it can be more harsh on the throat. If its too tight, you won't get good draws. Just keep practicing! Eventually you'll find a good medium, and you'll get used to the burning of the paper etc. Also, once it gets down close to the filter...thats a spicy meatball.

8. You're smoking paper.. of course its going to hurt more then a bowl.

9. you might of messed up on the rouch cus you might be inhaling to much smoke or ash

10. joints will usually burn your throat, thats why I prefer blunts, the smoke is always nice and silky smooth, just have a glass of water or any other drink with ice in hand so you can drink a sip after hitting it. always worked for me.

11. I've never been a fan of joint or blunts. Once it starts to burn down the smoke has less time to cool off and kills me. 10 minute coughing sessions. So the rare times I join in when someone happens to be passing one around I usually only partake for the first few rounds.

12. Sometimes I'll just get a huge rip be it from a j, bowl, whatever, and it will make my throat hurt. You just have to take smaller hits, or try holding the smoke in your mouth for a second before inhaling down deep.

13. it is normal but i dont think you should smoke joints i recomend smoking out of a bowl more fun and costs less