Is It Only me?

Discussion in 'General' started by djdasher, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Hello,

I enjoy smoking as do you folks.  There is a side effect that I wish that I could control.  The day after I smoke, I have no ambition.  I seem to go through the day in a fog.  I guess that this is where the term "stoner" originates.  But seriously, do any of you good people experience the same thing?  I suspect that I'm being deprived of REM sleep, as when I don't smoke, I experience vivid dreams.  Does anyone have any advice as to how to avoid that loggy, groggy feeling?

Thank you

2. #2 Scribbles510, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    Wake n Bake!!!

3. I am Gr33nPeace, and I endorse this quote.

4. Sometimes the day after i smoke a lot im a little hazy, especially if i fell asleep stoned, but it always wears off in an hour or so. ive found the key is to just get out and do something, even if you dont feel like it. once you get moving it goes away for me

Great things, this. :cool:

6. just get high dawg

7. As for vivid dreams while not smoking OP, I'm with you on that one!
    I have crazy awesome dreams when I don't smoke.

Similarly if I sleep on my back, like Dracula, I have outlandish dreams I can remember.
    Give it a try, it's worked for a few of my friends.
    Honestly this wakes me up in the morning.
    Like if I wake up in a haze, one small hit and I'm wide awake.

8. Most days, I can't smoke whenever I want to.  Evenings work best for me.  I do a lot better when I go to bed at a reasonable hour.  Has anyone seen a difference in energy when they have stopped toking for a week or so?

9. If you only smoke late evenings I don't see why you'd be so tired...
    If you took a week off and returned to smoking it'd make you more tired I'd imagine.
    It could just be the strain too...

I've been smoking so long I'm more groggy and tired if I don't wake and bake.
    But like I said, it's literally one hit in the morning.
    No more. No less.

Try it if you ever get the chance!
    I realize some people have serious responsibilities and wake n bake isn't an option.

10. Exercise daily and develop a tolerance. Works for me  :bongin:

Weed sucks without a tolerance imo

11. No Ambition? No Motivation? No Will-Power to do shit? Well it depends, if I have priorities I need to attend too or errands I need to take care then I will be motivated to do it but If I have nothing to do....then I'm smoking. 

The smart thing to do is to create a balance and use Cannabis as a reward if you feel that it's hindering your ability to get things finished, I do get lazy like Garfield but I was always a natural lazy-ass to begin with. Don't let Cannabis over power you, you should overpower it! The mind is a powerful thing bro, be the director of your cerebral. 

12. It might not only be the weed man, you could have depression and you just noticed it when you stopped smoking. For me the day after smoking, especially if I've been smoking for an extended period, is pretty tight. I have little anxiety ussually and I feel better than I normally do.

13. This, wake up and do a little exercise, say 10 push ups, 10 sit-ups, and a little cardio. Maybe jumping jacks, running on the spot whatever works for you. I do get a little bit of a haze if I smoke at night but if I wake up and get some blood flowing, then eat a healthy breakfast I'm usually good to go and feel no side effects.
    I used to have a bit of laziness in me after smoking, but since I've developed a rigorous workout routine and ride my bike 30+ km every fay the laziness is gone.
    Experiment with what works for you, it should help a lot.

14. I don't think your being deprived of REM sleep.
    More than likely the reason you're not having dreams (or think you're not), is because weed effects your short-term memory.
    You might still be having dreams, just not remembering them

Sent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Wrong.

16. Could you elaborate on that?

Not trying to be a douche, but "wrong" is a shitty answer

Sent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 Scribbles510, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Studies have shown Marijuana to affect REM sleep. Also, stopping use can swing REM sleep in the other way, so that you get more than you normally would. I notice no difference in my mental clarity or ability to "remember" things in daily life when I don't smoke, so why would my dreams be that much more vivid?

18. #18 japrhino84, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Oh I realize that now.. Shortly after I posted that I stumbled upon this. http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/200906/marijuana-sleep-and-dreamsand I was going to correct my mistake. I was just pointing out that "wrong" was not a very good answer.Also that last part of your post threw me for a loop, you said "when I don't smoke" but I thought OP said he had no dreams when he does smoke.EDIT: Nevermind, now that you edited your post I'm back on track. HahaSent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. after not smoking for like a week or two, i started having crazy ass dreams that i still remember from a year ago. but i don't remember what i dreamed about last night

20. Good advice, all.  Thank you.  Happy Tokes...