Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it okay to store my weed for this long?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChiefBuddha, Jan 5, 2012.

1. So I have about 3 grams in a little glass jar with a plastic top hidden in my room. It keeps the smell out good. Is it okay to keep for three weeks in there? I assume it is. I just dont want to grow mold or anything.

2. is it dry? if its mostly dry then 3 weeks is nothing.

3. hell 3 months is nothing. id say if its airtight and dry a good 1-2 years

4. glass jar as long as its air tight ur good to go..maybe open it up for an hour like everyone couple of days keep the air fresh in there

5. yeah man it should be good but you could add a little piece of orange peal insidel to keep it from becoming dry and crusty

6. Yeah i'll definitely add the orange peel. How do i know if it is dry and doesn't have moisture in it? It just looks like normal bud to me.

7. if its super dry it migh fall of the stem by itself but replace the orange piece often so it dosent rot

8. If its moist and i store it in a glass jar in a dark closet will it grow mold you think?

9. yeah try dried fruits they make weed smell good

10. DO NOT ADD AN ORANGE PEEL TO IT UNLESS YOU WANT MOLDY WEED THAT IS UNSMOKEABLE.

Keep it hidden in any non-damp, dark area inside of a glass jar and you're good.

11. I've done it with banana peels and oranges a lot never had mold but maybe in ana irtight jar

12. Not gonna do the orange peel to be safe now... Just keeping 3 grams in a small glass jar the size of baby food jar. Stored in a dark area. Should be fine i'm hoping. Better safe than sorry

13. yeah man enjoy the bud

14. Thanks for the help man.

15. If he's leaving an orange peel inside of an air-tight jar where the moisture can't escape, it will absorb into the weed. Over the period of a week it'd already be too moldy to smoke. :smoke: He's not letting the air out every few hours like it's suggested.

16. Yeah, i'm not putting that in it. I'll probably open the container once every few days. Its stored inside the jar inside an Xbox. So its hard to get too.

17. I just read in another thread that once ur weed is dry, leave the jar closed. Opening for "fresh air" can introduce mold spores that can be naturally present in the air. Anyone sure what to do? Advice from long time grower would be appreciated.:wave:

18. Damn such a complicated issue. Thanks for the advice though man :)

19. The only way that would happen is if you're living in a mold-infested house. If that's the case, moldy weed is the LEAST of your problems.