is it okay to smoke in grow room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SativaBleu, Aug 10, 2017.

1. I heard from a friend who is a long time grower that if you smoke weed in the grow room, the plants can sense or hear the cries of burning buds and it causes them stress which leads to less growth. The burning buds send out alarm signals to mother plants to warn them of their fiery fate. is there a truth behind this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. No, they are dead when you smoke them. That said I won't smoke in my grow room for 2 reason.

1) bad ju-ju...It's like eating a hamburger while brushing a cow.

2) the smoke residue will shorten the life of your carbon filter.

Secret room

• Like Like x 2
  3. I smoke in my grow room, haven't had any issues. Like the other guy said, it definitely takes life out of your carbon filter. I dunno, it sounds stupid but I try to be respectful of my plants, I don't blow smoke near them or anything like.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I hear you, same page.

Secret room

• Like Like x 2
  5. Years ago when i learnt to grow an read a book on how to do so. I remember the book stating that you shouldnt smoke near plants as the toxins in the smoke wont do the plants any good. Iv stuck to that ever since.

6. #6 generic98547, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    I smoke right next to my tent... I actually blow into my intake so my carbon filter filters the smell... so I essentially blow the smoke right next to em... I don't mind if it shortens it some I prefer my place to not smell like burnt weed personally... now fresh weeds a different story.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. in areas lets say a 20/20 room we party in a friends room smoke serious amounts of the good stuff many people over never an issue . no it wont hurt the plants .

8. haha I was surprised to read the replys to this. I smoke with my girls every single day. Every time I'm in my room and opening up my tents I make it a point to smoke with them and listen to music. Don't know if it helps anything but it certainly doesn't seem to really hurt anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lolz

In my previous post i mentioned i learnt not too from a book but if you use common sense then i would think of it like this.

The major point in not smoking in a grow room is cleanliness which helps to avoid contamination of the buds or plant.

Contamination comes in many different forms from dust to smoke or in different situations like manufacturing or agriculture or even in the food we eat

I dont let anything in my growroom that will contaminate my buds. And smoke will contaminate. That is a fact.

You can tho look at what harm smoke would do to them and im sure its not a great deal if any damage over their short life but it may reduce yield, who knows ?

Now im no hippy but im a firm believer of karma. Be nice to your plants dont blow the combustion of their dead kin on them LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ah here's how I see it... plants wanna survive.... so they can get over it or i can quit cloning them and let her die off

Grow journal

• Funny Funny x 1