Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it okay to smoke as a christian?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swaqqer, Jun 21, 2012.

1. My dad told me that god has better plans for me.

And in my opinion getting high just takes your mind off what god wants you to think about.

Everyone has completely different opinions on this subject tho.

It all comes down to how you were raised.

2. Genesis 1:29

3. If Ur high, makes it easier to believe in god

4. We sin everyday.. Who cares were just here to have a good time anyways ;D

5. im pretty sure the oil that jesus was blessed with is a hemp oil.... and it is from the earth bro dont feel bad if you believe in god and that he put everything on earth here for us,why not cannabis too?

6. The plant doesn't matter, it's your reasons for smoking it that does. Smoking it just for fun could be considered against the Christian faith, but if you're smoking it to improve your understanding of the world around you, to stimulate your mind, for health reasons, etc, then it's fine.

As far as I'm aware, cannabis was also used in the holy anointing oil.

/agnostic

7. Hell yeah Jesus toked.

8. I think granny summed things up nicely.

9. this is a hard question lol try asking this at Formvote

10. I believe these are the quotes you're looking for:
    Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
    Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
    Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."
    Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man."
    Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."
    Revelation 22:2 " the river of life proceeded to flow from the throne of God, and on either side of the bank there was the tree of life, and the leaf from that tree is for the healing of the nations."

Also read this article, it's very interesting:
    Marijuana in the Bible | Patients for Medical Cannabis

11. I'm not going to bag on your religion but while in the bible it says that god put seed bearing plants on earth for humans to use, most christians are very anti-marijuana

So it depends, are you one that actually follows the BIBLE? Then smoke up
    Or do you follow Christian society and norms? (not following the bible whatsoever)
    if its the latter, no, you'll go straight to hell

12. Im Roman catholic, which is almost the same or the same i dont know or i just cant think straight right now, but i smoke and have no regrets... Besides its a plant god put that shit here to make us happy n stuff you know what im sayin?

13. God won't judge you for something you don't know the answer to. If you don't know if something is right or wrong why would he put you down for it?

14. God put weed on this planet for a reason.