Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it okay to smoke after wisdom tooth extraction?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by notokenochoke, Sep 6, 2011.

1. I got my wisdom teeth extracted friday. Its tuesday today. And i need to smoke already! There were no complications and my teeth came out quick and easy. I think im already healed, just m jaw muscles are sore a bit. The paper they gave me said wait 48 hours before smoking again... Im not planning to get stoned. Just hit the pipe a few times, to get buzzed. I should be fine right?

2. if it said wait 48 hours then you were fine days ago right?

3. I guess, but everyone on the net is saying wait atleast a week....

4. it's dangerous becaues the holes in your mouth can become infected easily. as the doc would recommend, you should do a short t-break and smoke after a couple days. gl

5. smoke and pop some painkillers :bongin:

6. No, otherwise the tooth could grow back

7. i've heard of some people having horrible pain when they smoke after a surgery.. like smoking makes them way more aware of holes and stitches.

8. I would wait the week, and a t-break isn't bad either :)

9. I dont need a t break, i dont have money to afford weed everyday. I smoke like once a month or when the oportunity rises.

10. naw, its not, infections are very common from smoke. Dont do it for at least 2-3 weeks

11. I wouldn't, you don't want to get dry sockets. I've known plenty of people that got that without smoking and smoking is known to cause it.

12. you DO NOT want dry socket, it is excruciating pain. trust me i know

13. NOOOOO. Dry sockets fucking blow. Worst pain ever.

14. weed tea and baked goods is probably your best route you can take right now, hope they gave you plenty of pain medications and best of luck to you and your recovery!

15. Its the suction you want to avoid since thats what causes dry sockets

Look up gravity bongs and waterfall bongs those deliver smoke with no suction put on your gums

16. if a doctor said wait two days, i'd listen to him.

17. I waited a week to be safe, but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine after 2 days. It's the suction that they don't want you to do, because that's what causes the blood clot to unclog, making a nice bloody mess in your mouth.

18. Roll a doobie and smoke it through your nose

19. OMG that's such a good idea never thought about that :smoke:

20. maybe some weed tea but i wouldn't smoke

i waited until my stitches dissolved