Is it okay to put a reflector hood at an angle?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeyGabbaGabba, Sep 19, 2009.

1. I did something really stupid, and I bought am HID reflector hood that is 21" deep. This is supposed to go in my closet, which is 20" deep. Yeah. I'm really pissed at myself, because I don't feel like spending the money to return it, it won't be worth it - but at the same time, I don't feel like shelling out the money to buy something new (whether it be a closet or a reflector).
    Do you guys think I would be okay angling the reflector?
    Or, I could cut a strip out of the back and have the reflector stick through that, then light proof that with aluminum tape.

Thanks GC.

2. Is it an airvented light, with glass? if not mabye you could cut 5/8 of an inch off each side, then you would have 1/4 inch to play with in your closet.(try a grinder if you have one, habor frieght has them for $15) I would think you wouldnt want that light to touch the sides, becuase of a fire hazard.
    Good luck!

3. I ended up using this light for something else and got a cool tube for my cab. It's an aircooled with glass, so I didn't want to cut it. Plus... it's like a $140 hood.

Thanks for the advice though.