Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it okay to pre-grind bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by k-money, May 30, 2010.

1. the title says it all. i wanted to know if i pre grind some bud, will anything bad happen, like go bad quicker or something. im talking about at most, 2 g's. the reason why i wanna do it is because sometimes i get stressed out and grinding bud just relaxes me. does this happen to you?

2. ground up weed drys out much quicker and burns much much faster. thats about it.

3. All that will happen is that it will get ruined like half as fast as it would non grinded. I sometimes pre grind my weed, when im gonna go on the go.

4. is it okay to do it like a day ahead of smoking

5. Yes you can pre-grind your weed as long as you plan on keeping it air tight in a mason jar, theres no problem with it, It'll stay as fresh as any nugs would and wont burn any faster or dry out.

6. if you put it in an air tight place it will be fine. ive smoked a year old joint before, it burned faster. but not at light speed or any thing. you will be fine, just dont grind up a mass ammount and leave it around.

and if it gets too dry throw a little orange peel in the bag for a little bit:cool:

7. #7 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    Normally I'd reccomend to only grind what you need, as storing ground bud will dry out faster then in bud form, and dry bud burns quick and harsh.
    But if you ground up some bud and had a bit left that you didn't finish, it wouldn't be bad to keep it until the next day.

DO NOT use anything like fruit or anything at an attempt to moisten your weed, it'll most likly mold.