Is it okay to die alone?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Kai Skywalker, Jan 21, 2023.

1. I guess I'll word it differently. Is going your entire life without having a significant other okay? Do those who suffer the same fate end up with psychological problems?

I want to add context but I don't really know where to begin. Every girlfriend I've had, which isn't many, weren't really real relationships. I've been cheated on my all of them, used by most of them, stabbed by one, and another attempted to murder me by overdosing me on...
    Anyway I got counseling and came to accept I deserved all of that and never experienced "true love". I have about 20 more years left, and im not sure how to spend them all knowing I will never have a family or feel what love is like. I haven't dated in 3 years, and I quit the hard stuff that used to help me cope and got my life together. Yet I'm still haunted knowing it's a life I have to live in solitude because of who I am. I'm also worried when I die no one will discover my body until I decompose or don't show up to work until they get suspicious.

Should I get a dog? What breeds would you recommend? Also do I even need life insurance if I have no kids or family?

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. over 99% of guys in relationships today would give a testicle to be in your shoes, many time, many time, I wished I was, right now Im looking at my credit card cost this Christmas, $3087.43, thats not drinks for new years, and most of that went on her majesty, I hope I'm like most guys, I think I am, wishing I had an open account with a call girl, it be so much cheaper.

don't forget to ask her for her number, her reluctance will be her undoing

good luck

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. What kind of counseling was it that convinced you that you deserved to be shat on multiple times?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The bhagavad gita states

upload_2023-1-21_3-17-49.png

the 'particular celestial god' is the absolute of an abstract ideal; something that is not real but it is. Like beauty, or strength, wealth, and even Love. For example, a person that worships strength would perform his regime of exercises that are meant to develop strength, and they would eventually obtain (physical) strength. Those that worship beauty would probably also exercise, and do things that make one more aesthetically pleasing.

The point is that if you seek to find Love and companionship, than you must yourself worship Love and companionship and do the things that will bring Love and companionship.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Plenty of people in relationships die alone and unloved. The question really is how do you have and maintain healthy relationships?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. @Kai Skywalker, sorry to hear you're stressing over this. I am in a relationship, but it took a long time to happen. I have 67 year old brother in your shoes. We live 1000 miles apart, unfortunately, but email daily. If it ever happens that I don't hear from him for a couple of days I'll have his apartment manager do a welfare check. I hope he either has a small life insurance policy, or leaves money to do his death duties. He doesn't seem to be distressed at being such a loner, he really has no friends, but doesn't confide in me if he's bothered by being alone. I try to get him to move to my city, but he's happy in our hometown.
    I'm sorry your relationships have been so bad. I certainly don't think you deserved to be treated so badly. I hope you can find some peace and enjoy what you have now. I know some people's lives look better than mine, but I wouldn't trade.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. if you die in pain the pain goes .if you die in your sleep with no pain you wont feel it //..dont worry about dying ,just live for now ,,dont worry about dying every one dies ,its a natural thing ,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I have 2 younger brothers one has never married and seems content in his lifestyle the other has been married to 4 different woman he's had one child . He basically abandoned the child after he divorced the kids mother and his only contact was a monthly child support check which to his credit he paid faithfully till the kid turned 18.
    He would tell me how bad he wanted a relationship like my wife and I have . We got married in 1977 and have remained married to this day . I believe he truly doesn't know what true love is. To him being married is having someone to cook and clean and pay the bills and the occasionall romp in the sack . In our discussions he never mentioned love. Growing up our mother was a cold and very strict woman and to be honest I never experienced feeling loved by either of my parents and I'm sure that my brothers felt the same way and it impacted me in a negative way . I can honestly say that my wife helped me discover what true love is. It brings me great comfort knowing that we'll be here for each other when our last day comes .
    I had a good friend who was married for about 10 years then divorced after the divorce he basically lived like a hermit for the rest of his life.
    I would go visit him about once a week and we would always end up talking about death.
    He was terrified of dying at home and no one would know . There was a time when he wanted me to call him daily just to verify he was still alive he gave me a key to his front gate and one to his front door and gave me explicit orders of what to do if I called him several times and he didn't answer and I found him dead. Luckily that didnt happen on my watch . We were talking one day and I told him why dont you invite your mother to move on to the property. He had 10 acres mostly wooded and so he did and she relocated to his property. He did eventually pass but his last action was to call his mother who lived 20 yards from him and tell her to call an ambulance and she did and by the time she made her way to his house he was dead on the floor he was 62 .

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Love yourself man.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Easier said than done, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've seen hundreds of people die. Often the loners accept their imminent death easier than those with 20 people present. If you die alone it's fine, at the moment of death we're never really alone, we become nothing at all, less important than the glass of water at our bedside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. What? I would not give my testicle for that situation.. wtf?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sure why not ? people been dying alone from the beginning of time, You heard one of them complain ?
    Plus I hear hell is pretty busy so you will not be alone for long.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. As far as what breed of dog to get, my personal favorite was a 135lb Bernese Mountain Dog. He was my loyal constant companion and having him around, always by my side, was wonderful. After he passed I found myself frequently looking around for him as he wasn't at my side as always. And he never barked unless it was for something important and that was a rare event. I like the big dogs, they seem more like people than the little yappers do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 20190623_160707 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Keeper of the bucket 20190718_133937 (2).jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. naturally I'm excluding @Headhunterpipes , Cactus Ed , and yourself,
    I'm speaking from personal experience and on behalf of the odd 5 billon other guys on the planet ...lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. I always believed that we die alone no matter how many embrace our final exhale.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. So you have battle axe wife in Mother Russia waiting for.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. When I was in the field I watched hundreds of people die. Some died in pain, some died peacefully without a whimper, they, just stopped breathing. Death usually takes very little time, even if it's painful, it won't last very long. I've been alone for over ten years and will never get remarried for any reason. The price tag of marriage is way too expensive. My ex-wifes parents used to brag about being married for over 50 years, yet for the last 20, they barely said a word to each other, never held hands, never kissed, it was as much a business deal as anything.

I'd rather finish my life alone and on my terms living with my own decisions (right or wrong). I pay my bills, date who and when I want, sleep with whoever I'm dating and if things go sideways, walk away on my own terms and with a clear conscience. So many people stay married, 'for the kids' which is an awful thing to do, in reality it's for money reasons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1