Is it ok to water with dehumidifier water

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Deleted member 923969, Nov 3, 2020.

1. #1 Deleted member 923969, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2022
    Nn

2. I used mine. My tap water is high in minerals and I'm pretty sure the dehumidifier water was better quality as it's basically distilled water. I wouldn't drink it but I don't see any reason it shouldn't be used for watering plants. When I use it I like to think how the water comes out of the plants into the air and I collect it out of the air and put it back into the plants. It's a neat trick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Distilled water is water that has been boiled into a vapor and condensed into a liquid, and subsequently is free from impurities such as salt and colloidal particles. It is chemically pure water.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I empty my dehumidifier bucket on a plant. I wouldn't drink it unless I was dying in a desert. But it works just as good for plants, so why dump it when it can be used. We pay a fortune for water where I live. It's against the law to wash my car in the driveway. I wish I could put a coin box on the shower.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I know this is an old post, but......
    Why the hell would you do that! You just sucked the moisture from the air as well as all the impurities and other crap that you'd probably not care to breathe. Why give it to your plants? Tap water left out 24 hours or bubbled for a few hours would be a lot better IMO. Just saying...

B61

6. I reuse dehumidifier water in a living soil grow.

I am bypassing the water reservoir in the dehumidifier unit and collecting in a larger water reservoir. I was watering directly from the reservoir, I then put an inline hose filter on the hose to preempt any issues. I set up an irrigation system to draw water directly from that reservoir.

So far so good.

7. Dehumidified water/Distilled water normally has the lowest PPM's ......over tap or RO water.
    Again water from a liquid to a gas there minimal amount of dissolved solids once the steam is condensed back into a liquid.

RH is a gas, a Dehumidifier condenses the humidity turning RH back into a liquid. Same as Rain water or distilled water .

8. ================== Web
    How Dehumidifiers Collect Water

A dehumidifier gathers moisture by drawing warm air from the room it’s in and circulating it over cooling coils. The coils cause the humidity to condense into liquid, which is then collected in a reservoir. Dirt from the coils and other parts of the dehumidifier make this water unsafe for human consumption, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used for the alternative purposes listed below.
    Water Your Plants
    Put the water from a dehumidifier into a watering can and use it to water houseplants or your outdoor garden. Since dehumidifiers typically produce the most water during growing seasons, this is an ideal way to recycle it. Dehumidifier water can contain trace amounts of lead, however: Do not use this water on edible plants, which can soak up those contaminants and raise the presence of lead in fruits and vegetables to dangerous levels.
    ===================== End.

If you've ever looked at the back of an old air-conditioner you'd have seen where the lower parts of the fins are all eaten away by the water condensed from the air. All the Aluminum that made up the fins went into that water.

Cannabis is a very good collector of metals and No I wouldn't use it.

BNW

9. What? RO Water has higher PPM then Water from a Dehuie ? My Ro Water comes out w zero ppm. I'm sure everyone elses RO Water is the same.....like Zero. That's why we use an RO System.
    I wonder how you come up with that stuff.

10. I have a commercial 5 stage RO system
    Tap water is 1500 ppm,s RO water is 45 ppm's .
    Quality of RO Product Water

The amount of dissolved solids in water produced by reverse osmosis is approximately a constant percentage of those in the feed water. For example, when the feed water contains 300 ppm total dissolved solids (TDS), the product water may have 15 to 30 ppm (95% and 90% rejection ratio respectively). A RO system design is based on a certain range of feed water TDS, the percentage of rejection and percentage of recovery desired. For a given system, the higher the percentage of recovery or the lower the percentage of rejection, the poorer the quality of product water becomes. A RO water purification system with a deionizer and/or several modules connected in series can produce water containing less than 0.1 ppm TDS (resistivity about 1 megohm-cm). In defining water for use parenterally, Remington's Pharmaceutical Sciences emphasizes that besides meeting USP pyrogen standards, there are several acceptable levels for total solids which may be used to evaluate or grade the product water for particular applications. The USP Monograph limits total solids to 10 PPM for WFI. However, to preclude stability problems from interfering with manufacturing, the parenteral drug industry commonly establishes a limit of 0.1 PPM or less of ionic contaminants (14).

11. I was wondering the same about you .

12. #12 THC God, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    If you get 45 ppm out of your system, then there is something wrong with your RO Membrane ( most likely). A proper RO System filters all shit out. 99.99% Everyone around here uses these system because we are all on Well Water. I can make a Video and show you when I Test my Water. Do you have a Alkaline Filter after the Membrane? Take that shit out and you have zero on your tester.