Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is It Ok To Use Weed Oil That Has Not Been Refrigerated?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by strangedream, Jun 7, 2013.

1. I got refrigerated weed oil from someone yesterday and they put some in a small jar for me, I think they have had the weed oil refrigerated for a month. When I got home I left the jar in my bag in my room for 24 hours because I forgot to put it in the refrigerator, and it was near the laptop charger which probably made the jar and oil warm. I put the jar of weed oil in the refrigerator 2 or 3 hours ago (after it was NOT refrigerated for 24 hours). If I put a teaspoon of this weed oil on food right now and eat it, will I get sick at all from it since it was out of the fridge for a day? And will some of the THC potency be lowered? My main concern is if I will get sick (vomiting, etc) from the weed oil. Thanks.

2. What type of oil? Most oils don't require refrigeration for short term storage.
    You should be fine.

3. Yes, you don't need to store weed oil in the fridge anyway.  It just helps keep it fresher longer.  You will be absolutely fine!

4. #4 wegrass, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    I always end up leaving mine out for a few days at a time. It is fine! Which type of oil though out of curiosity?

5. @strangedream
    I've kept an emergency supply of hash-coconut oil caps under the seat of the work truck for months on end with no issues whatsoever.
    They are just as tasty and effective after all that time in the hot truck as they were the day I put them in.
    BNW