is it ok to trim leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 8ishop, May 16, 2010.

1. I go a little crazy on my LST and constantly keep my girl pinned to the flow. I use CFL lighting so I try to pin down fans also to keep them from blocking new growth. Most things seem to say that it's a bad idea to remove large amounts of leaves from the plant as it causes stress. Can this cause my plant to hermie?

This gets me wandering. Is it ok to trim the leaves much like you would for cloning? For instance could I trim all of my fan leaves? If not, how many leaves could i safely trim? I really want to open up the light to my plant and nodes. Jade is my smaller of the two plants and i trimmed some of her leaves for a picture. Would it be safe to do much more trimming for a much bushier plant? I'd really like to maximize my pros and cons. Thanx guys.

trimmed.jpg

2. I trimmed the tips off a lot of my fan leaves recently, to allow more light through to lower sites. The plant didn't seem to have any problem with it. It continued to grow as normal and the lower bud sites liked it.

The up side is there is more light penetration, the downside is that there is less leaf area for photosynthesis. You just have to find the right balance I guess.