Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it ok to smoke bud with the tiniest bit of grey mold in it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Inthedirt4good, Oct 1, 2010.

1. "Just use a torch lighter it'll put hair on your peaches."
    that came from my father so i know its true:smoke:

2. Yeah drying and curing is the most important part of the grow, because if something goes wrong there you can lose a whole crop, so lots of care must be taken to make sure the process goes smoothly. Once it is in the jars and you can be sure it is dry enough to not mold, you can relax and watch the buds get better throughout the next month or two :).

3. the way i look at it is youre gonna be putting a 500 degree + flame to it which will most certainly kill mold. Since there is such a small amount on your bud it poses an even lesser risk. That said you should never smoke bud that has a shitload of mold rot. Since this doesnt seem to be the case youre okay. Worst case scenario is the flame doesnt kill the tiny bit of mold and you inhale some of it. If this happens your body will probably just take care of it on it's own and now you'll have a resistance to that mold.

4. #24 Inthedirt4good, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    for the sake of mold discussion..We're talking about this stuff..

So if i 0.5% of what you see wrong in the picture...

[​IMG]

5. Makes sense considering all the fungus and spores everyone on earth inhales every day

6. well if it's that suspicious ,i would just remove it...The part with the mold that is.

7. honestly I wouldnt smoke it, I have ZERO experience with it, but I just know some molds can cause serious problems if they get a foothold, which could happen if you're sucking them directly into your lungs =\

Im my humble opinion your health is all you've got, and I wouldnt risk it for a little bit of bud. just my two cents. :D

8. #28 Inthedirt4good, Oct 1, 2010
    (hypothetical situation for coversation)

'In my case i found alot of that growth. Spent many many dizzy hours clipping chopping and sanitizing then put into a dyi quick dry. in round two went over everything again with a 30x loupe removing decomposing material and picking & again chopping out anything suspicious with a scaple and scissors. It doesn't look all that bad now. nothing at all like the above picture.'

:eek:

9. When I was like 18-19 I put a lemon peel in with an good amount of buds and the whole container filled up like that. I got rid of some and smoked some. I was using an inhaler daily before smoking the moldy bud for my asthma. I developed a nasty cough for a week or two and was fine after. I've got moldy bud once or twice since then and the same thing happens. If money isn't an issue, I'd toss it. If not, then smoke at your own risk, but I always seem to be fine.

10. #30 Inthedirt4good, Oct 1, 2010
    I would never smoke anything that looks like the picture. After chopping and drying and re-inspection.... and more nit picking, i would say that the fungus is 99.20% percent gone.

11. either on this site or in a magazine i read some kid used a bubbler ans smoked half the bowl leavong half in it for laqter well i guess water from the bub touched the weed and grew mold he then smoked it and his lungs filled with liquid and he could have died.

with that said, when i first started smokeing i had friends who grew a bunch of plants and tried water curing and i think the shit got moldy but i smoked it and nothing happened, but im not 100% sure if it was mold i was young and didnt know it could even mold back then lol.

bottom line be very careful with mold, and if you do try it and you do start to feel sick n cough and get hard of breathing go to the docs asap lol
    orrrr let some kid u dont like have a free sample and tell him to let you know how it is lol idk thats kinda mean tho

12. #32 Inthedirt4good, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    (( sorry bou that thumbs down thing, i should not have done that.))

good advice, try a small amount on first and stay aware of anything that may be abnormal. :hello:

thank you for the perspective.

i would have trouble using anyone as a guinea pig.

13. 45 responses and we are currently split down the middle

14. I don't eat food thats moldy and I dont smoke shit thats moldy

reason:
    i dont need food or weed that badly, if there's no chance that doing it can be good for you then why do it? go buy some non moldy weed man.

15. Oh,here check out what i found.

"It's always advisable to not smoke marijuana with mold, however those that are willing to take the risk are advised to bake their marijuana in a oven on 300 degrees for 15 minutes to eliminate some common forms of mold. While on the subject of baking marijuana, it is important to note that most mold is far more dangerous when ingested than inhaled, which means you should be extra careful of mold when putting marijuana into edible treats. Filtering smoke through a water pipe or bong does not prevent you from inhaling mold, although some sources say it can help reduce about 15% of the mold.":bongin:

What You Should Know About Mold Issues on Marijuana | Spark Report

Good Luck man,but that pick you showed on page 2 looked mad nasty

16. I smoked moldy stuff b4, it wont kill you....didnt get sick either... just try to wipe it off.

17. thank you Mental. I have read many of your post and respect your thoughts as i know you are, to the best of my recollection, very knowledgeable especially in many things organic and nutritional.

thank you.

18. Thank You WeedNotCrack for taking the time to find that information and providing that link!

Just read the article.

This caught my attention.

Mold needs at least 15% moisture to survive, so the best way to prevent mold is to keep all harvested marijuana in the ideal 10%-15% moisture content level.

Thank you.

19. oh,no problem :D:cool:

20. would u drink beer that had a "little bit" of bleach in it? its good that so your healthy now, might wanna work on keeping it that way :wave: