Is it ok to repot in flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayb1313, Aug 11, 2011.

1. I have 3 that have seemed to really slow down their growth and I'm thinking maybe they are root bound. Is it ok to repot in flowering or should i just hold on. They have been in flowering for about a month and they are 70 day strains. Any help is appreciated.

2. Just seems like their growth is stunted. I have a 400 W Hps and a LED fixture on them.

3. You can transplant if you want to, the less stress the better but if you think they need it then go ahead. I've had to trasplant during flowering a few times now and I've never had any problems :smoking:

4. couldnt be any more true then this statement.. i believe just about all of us have had to do this at one point during our grows. my first grow i had my ladies in butter tubs (held probably 4 cups of soil) when they started to flower they slowed WAY down, put em into a 2 gal pot and finished em out with no problems.

5. I've transplanted with only weeks before harvest more than once, I like to always use big pots but sometimes don't have room for them all. I always end up feeling bad for the ones in a smaller pots and end up putting them into the bigger ones before harvest though.

Some people might say its a waste of extra soil with only 4 or 5 weeks to go but I find plants with bigger pots get geiiber buds :smoking:

6. i've tried to get away from having to do that, both of my plants are currently in 2 gal containers which are more than sufficient for the space i have available. 1 of which has been in that size container since it sprouted, the other just got transplanted a few days ago. both of which seem to love the extra room.

7. I usually like to only transplant once and try to do that a week or two before flowering but the bigger size pots I have don't all fit in my tent at the same time (I like to keep it packed in there) so sometimes one or two have to stay in the veggie pots for a bit longer. The ones in bigger pots always yeild much more, I try to avoid it but we work with what we have :smoking:

8. They will sulk for a week and just sit there, but then they will respond to the extra room.

I usually let my plants get a tad dry and then water heavily just moments before I transplant. The soil will have shrunk due to lack of water, and the new water will act like a lubricant and help the plant slip out without damage to the roots. A bit messy, though.

However, I go from 1 gallon pots to a tub where they finish up- haven't done it with larger pots, but it should go OK.

Granny

9. They will sulk for a week and just sit there, but then they will respond to the extra room. :D You may have to add that week of sulking to the finish time.

I usually let my plants get a tad dry and then water heavily just moments before I transplant. The soil will have shrunk due to lack of water, and the new water will act like a lubricant and help the plant slip out without damage to the roots. A bit messy, though. ;)

Also, I go from 1 gallon pots to a tub where they finish up- haven't done it with larger pots, but it should go OK.

Granny