is it ok to move plant outside on hot days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by elliotgreen, May 27, 2017.

1. quick question is it ok to move my indoor plant outside when its really hot outside i feel like the sun can do a better job than my 300w led lamp. my plant is 8 weeks into flower

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. At this point, since you're so near to harvest, I would not recommend it. Sunlight can cause some stress on plants when they're initially grown indoors -that's why you'll hear growers say that they had to harden their plants off. Typically, this is done when they start a plant indoors before the outdoors growing season, and then they move them outdoors once the outdoors season begins. They bring them outside for one hour on the first day, increase it to two on the second day, etc. until the plants are outside full-time.

It's also important to consider the risk of bringing pests back into your grow area. I don't bring outdoors plants inside my primary tent -I'd quarantine them in a secondary tent until I'm certain that they don't have any gnats, mites, etc.

• Like Like x 1