is it ok to leave pot in a glass jar?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by highaswell, Dec 16, 2010.

1. if so, are there any rules i should know about?

2. most people will tell you an air tight glass jar is the way to go. try not to keep in direct light for to long tho

3. Keep it in an airtight container in a dark place.

4. cool, i also heard about leaving a wet sponge in the container, anyone ever heard of this technique?

5. Don't do that, your asking for mold.

Just leave the nicely cured buds alone in the jar, out of sunlight and your all good, for months and months.

Mason jars are nice, but try to get a fruit preserving jar, theyve got a clipping system that holds the lid down under pressure (and theres a seal inside the lid). You can store a harvest in these style jars fine for a year untill you do your next harvest ;)

[​IMG]

6. thanks man, i have that same jar too lol

7. These really are the best jars. (above) I have about 10 small mason jars the ones with the screw on lids.

When I pickup I put a gram in each jar so I only smoke 1 gram or 2 grams a day and can keep track of it better without weighing it every day.

It is kind of a pain in the ass to unscrew the lids all the time but a lot better than a bag.