Is it ok to change brand of nutes mid grow?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Gdogg090, Jan 2, 2011.

1. I am about to switch my lights to 12/12 in about 4 days I am using the techniflora receipe to success kit but i am about to run out an will not have enough to finish my grow. I have 2 bb's 1 plant under 150w hps an the other under 208w of cfl. What would be a good line of nutes to switch too or should I just get another kit till I finish this grow?:confused:

2. Brand doesn't matter as long as you're feeding your plants what they want and need.

3. It'll be fine, but I wouldn't use full dosage to start. Maybe half just to see how the plants react and go from there. You might lose a tiny bit of yield, you might gain some - who knows... unless you had your current nutes "dialed in" I wouldn't really worry about making the switch to a different set causing any negatives.

4. I bought the technaflora recipe for success kit as well. My seed just sprouted though so I have yet to use it. Is there a reason why you want to change the nutrients besides because you are out? Anything I should know before I start to use them?