Is it ok for Soldier to smoke

Discussion in 'General' started by themaddhatter, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I was just courious if there are people like me who this it is ok for a solder to smoke weed (in moderiaton of corse)

2. :confused:

i think that there are regular drug tests, arn't there?

3. Thats what I always thought. Don't know for sure though.

4. It is ok for everyone to smoke... as long as it does not stop you from doing what you need to do. It is not an immoral thing!

5. If your an active soldier you can't smoke.

6. 3 of my buddies are in the coast guard, the only time they got tested was when they enlisted, and they have been in there for 4+ years each.....so i think they do 1 test when you enlist, then test on suspision.

so if you can get away with it im sure its all good, but i wouldnt do it unless it was 100% safe, you know?

7. Do you mean when they are not serving a tour? Because I would want all my wits about me if the threat of getting killed at at any moment was real.

8. my x was military failed a piss test .. it fuct his life

but yeah most of military men i know are either alcoholics or druggies (coke or h)

its a fuct system.. u should be able to smoke :(

9. I think he means like morally.

10. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

11. If you're putting your life on the line for the country then I believe you have the right to put in your body whatever you choose.

12. weed is a good thing. Morally i think you should be able to. Technically, no, cause they might kick your ass out of the military

13. Everything is perfect in moderation.

14. Thank you that is what im saying, i am a soldier and i would love to smoke. I would do it before lights out of corse or in the morning before i do the required workouts it sucks so bad without it. Im always stressed out and nothing to relax me but exodous break is comming up so I get a few weeks of freedom.

15. ohh ok.

yeah, why shouldn't they. thanks like asking is it ok for a electrician to get high, or a real estate angent.

As long as they are not putting anybodys life at risk they should be able to do anything they want

16. That is true. A guy I know in the National Guard couldn't smoke when he was deployed. But he's finally home now and he smokes all the time. But quits every 3 months because they have to go to drill every 3 months and I guess they get tested there.

17. i think it should be ok, yeah.

18. if you plan on staying in the cost guard then id suggest quitting,,,,,

i was in the army.... and got pissed quiet a bit....{ luckily i wasnt hot }

and man i believe if i was a coast guard member id be ready at all times with a straight mind,,,,,,depending on your job.....

..i seen on the histoey channel what them boys do off of washington states coastline......

shit would make me crap in my pants.....i got no balls for that kinda activity...:cool:

19. Yeah it probably is.
    Tons of soldiers toked up in Vietnam.
    And - uh, I think that was like USA's best war ever or something wasn't it?

Ididitforthelulz

20. Guard soldiers go to drill every month, not every 3 months...and it's usually just random tests, if at all.

During my time in the Guard, I was only piss tested the day I was enlisted, and whenever I shipped to any sort of training.