Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it ok for diabetics to smoke????

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thaprodigy667, Dec 27, 2007.

1. hey guys, my friend has diabetes and i wanna know if it is ok to smoke with him, idk wut type of diabetes it is.

thanks guys

2. yeah its cool, marijuana doesn't fuck with diabetics....its neither good nor bad for their diabetes...

Except for the Munchies.... i dunno much about diabetes....or sugar intake...or whatever....but mucnhies make you hungry for munchie food...... and so u need to eat....sweets are good for munchies

3. iight thnx man

4. yea the poster above is right, i know diabetics who smoke, its quite alright.

5. My diabetic friend smokes.
    He's got a small problem with munchies, so he eats before he smokes.
    Works like a charm =]

6. (just guessing) i bet he has type 2 diabetes, where there is less insulin produced by the (?) kidneys. type 1 is an over-production of insulin, where the body can't take it. if he shoots up, it's type 2. so maybe eating before smoking, but none after. bummer for that dude.

7. i used to know this kid with type II who tried to stab me with his syringe....crazy mo fo....

but i dont get why they cant eat after they smoke...i mean they get out what theyre gonna eat....smoke..then eat it when the munchies kick in?

does anyone have a explanation.....coz if you have the munchies and you cant eat..theres no point in smoking...it fucks up ur high..

8. well when you're a diabetic you can't eat that many carbs/sugars. so you're friend probably wants to eat before he smokes so he can control what he eats, and then doesn't eat at all after he smokes. when he's stoned he doesn't have as much munchie control, and might over eat

9. oh ok ....well i guess to lessen the suffering from food deprivation during the munchies..he can get out the food hes eating and maks sure its not too much (ur friend should know how much to eat...right?) and then just eat that.....but then you;ll have to tie him down so he doesnt eat more ..... coz god dammit hes gonna want to...

10. i think he means that the kid gets really strong munchies so he eats something before he smokes so he doesnt pig out too sick on munchies

11. As long as he doesnt eat a 12 pack of 2-per-package Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, right after.

My Best friend in 7th and 8th grade was diabetic. He smoked occasionally.