Is it now legal to smoke weed while on parole or probation in California?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Cory420, Nov 21, 2016.

1. #1 Cory420, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    I am on parole and I want to smoke. I spent 12 years in prison and I have several years of parole to do. I don't want to go back so I need some input. I have friends on probation wondering the same thing, so any input would be nice. Thanks!

2. Well if you haven't smoked yet asking your P.O would be best...

But I myself have no idea was just wondering why not ask your P.O there not sending you back for asking a legitimate question.

• Like Like x 1
  3. He wouldn't allow me to even with my medical prescription. Believe it or not, but the probation/parole department is not very honest

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Don't really know for sure but here's a link to NORML prop 64 guide.
    CAL NORML GUIDE TO THE ADULT USE OF MARIJUANA ACT OF 2016 (AUMA) | California NORML
    Of course this only applies if you live in California. From what I've read if you were imprisoned for simple possession you should have your record expunged. I don't know if that applies here. It is now legal to possess and use in California for people over 21 and I don't see how prior convictions for anything would infringe on what is now part of our state constitution, our state guaranteed right in other words. Are you allowed to drink alcohol? Were you convicted of a federal offence? Because that might play into it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. He wasn't locked up for 12 years cause some damn simple possession.... Bro spent almost his entire adult life locked up. Stay free OP even if it means no weed.... Maybe call a local police department anonymously?

But like you said fed offense or not will prob be the major decider lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. I didn't figure he got locked up for 12 years for possession or use, just stating what I read up on.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. I typed it more defensive then I meant too, no hate

• Like Like x 1
  8. I only did state time. No federal

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. So I have talked to my parole officer and this is the explanation I received. Smoking pot is only legal on the state level, and since our parole and probation are federally funded, we are subject to federal regulations. So the short answer is no. It is illegal to smoke weed in California while on parole and/or probation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you everyone for your support and advice. I really appreciate that.

11. You may be able to smoke yet still since its cali, You just can't get high since they only test for THC, Check leafly for CBD strains with little to no THC Which Cannabis Strains are High in CBD? | Leafly

And you can even do dabs of CBD pure no risk but costly

Always have a few home test make sure to test yourself weekly if it comes up positive stop smoking the CBD bud. keep it under 5% thc preferred 0-3% get few different strains . So you might not get high but if you smoke because of medical reasons or you just like the taste CBD strains have some really nice flavors .

• Like Like x 1
  12. 5% thc will still absolutely fail you on a drug test lol

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1426860/

13. You should ask him who exactly is funding it because if you came out of a state prison I don't see why the hell the feds would be funding there parole and probation programs...

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1426860/

14. The laws are so full of shit. Now if you freaked out and commited an act of terrorism while under the influence of weed, then yeah, don't smoke. But other than that, I don't see why not. Don't worry. NORML is on your side fighting for your rights. Stay cool.

15. In short, the answer is no unless you have a valid prescription from a doctor. It's just like alcohol. It maybe legal, but if you're an offender on probation, house arrest, work release, parole, etc. it's still illegal to consume for you because it violates your agreement with parole, when you promised to not to consume drugs or alcohol w/o a valid prescription. :sad::wacko: