Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it normal to feel some side effects the day after smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jeeed, Mar 6, 2011.

1. For example, I smoked yesterday around 5 PM and fell asleep around 8 PM... I smoked a LOT, like to the point I felt like I was forgetting to breathe and whenever I breathed it felt like it wasn't enough. Well ever since waking up this morning I've been feeling a little weird. Hard to explain because it's not obvious things. I guess it's my sense of perception-- I might start to zone out, or it might feel like the distance between my body and my hands is longer than it really is, or I'll start to feel like my head is slowly sliding off of my neck, but it's not like a real trip where it actually IS falling off my neck. Yeah, I make no sense :p

I usually stay "high" for 1-2 hours and have effects for up to 3 or 4 hours after, and then just get tired for the rest of the day until I fall asleep. I've only been smoking about 2 months now and just recently started smoking several times a week.

So yeah, is this normal at all? It's happened other times before but I haven't been able to tell if I'm just imagining things or what. Thanks :)

2. Your body will react to weed differently than others. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't really feel anything the day after. Then again, I never get hangovers :D

3. It's probably because you're somewhat of a "newbie" smoker. I think you will get used to it as you do it more often, nothing to worry about.

4. man we have the exact same story haha, I feel that way too. it should be nothing to worry about though.:smoke:

5. when i first started smoking i had that alot, it goes away/you get used to it after your tolerance builds up

6. Completely normal, happens to me too. It'll wear off soon.

7. alright, thanks you guys :) I'm not exactly complaining, but I suppose I gotta make sure now that I don't smoke too much the night before having to do something the next day

8. Oh man, it has been so long since I forgot to breathe. Good night, good night.

Anyways, this sounds normal. You smoked a ton in a short period of time and then fell asleep. Your body still has to metabolize the THC, and when you are laying down it will take longer. Its kind of your bodys way of getting rid of the remaining THC. You're fine.
    If it is a problem for you you may not want to smoke the night before you have something important to do the next morning.

9. The shitty after effects disappear when you vape