Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it necessary to cure weed if used in edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the3rdman, Dec 5, 2016.

1. I have read there are a number of good reasons to cure your weed before it is smoked, but is it necessary to cure weed that is going to be used in edibles?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I know that curing enhances the smell and taste, but it also raises the bar for THC level too. So I'd say yes. Not necessary, but better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Joker1121, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    You don't have to cure your cannabis before cooking with it, but you do have to dry it and then decarb. Decarb is 240F for 40 minutes.. That's my understanding anyway. I'm sure there will be other ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Why do you have to dry before decarb...doesn't decarboxylation also perform this task?

5. I would advise that you cure it as usual. You'll end up with better, longer lasting herb. Besides what if you decide to smoke a little to top that edible off? It happens

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you don't dry before decarb all the moisture will turn to steam and you'll have a soggy mess and then have to dry it out anyway. Try a batch each way and see for yourself. I like Steven_420's idea. Surely you want to smoke a little bud with your edible.