Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it more effective to bake then eat a bud?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by M0A1, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Just wondering if you have an attack of pain and to avoid smoking it and be courteous to others, but don't have a brownie or cookie, is just eating a bud as effective?

2. #2 Vokal, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Nah eating the bud itself has no effects at all. Baking it into things works because at a certain temperature the THC is release and absorbed into the substance your cooking it with.

3. The THC in cannabis must be heated beyond a certain point before it will activate with receptors in your brain. So the answer to your question is, no, you cannot just put uncooked weed in your mouth and swallow it to get high. It will probably be difficult to swallow and have no effect whatsoever.

4. #4 WildWill, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Actually, that's not true. I've done it and there's an effect. It's pretty mild though. The heat in your stomach from the acids is enough to activate some of the cannabidnols.

Oh and don't chew it. I usually just swallow it after rolling it around on my tongue as to coat the scratchy parts.

I haven't done this in quite some time, but once upon a time, yeah...