is it me or have we been ignoring the fact that obama hasnt '[change]d' shit....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dropcidnotbombz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. He's done a great deal to help re-work the student loan system so that people who didn't have money, but wanted to go to college and had to take out loans are screwed for life anymore. Probably saved me about 25 grand by the time mine are paid off.

2. Ill give you that for sure but, how is that going to help unemployment or our deficit? Dont you think it will add to our deficit? CBO already came out and said the healthcare bill will which the student loan thing was attached to.

3. Your video link doesn't contradict my statement that obama "Hasn't gone on TV and said dumb ass shit, stuttering like a child, making up words like a previous president did", it only shows that he's made a mistake in one of his speaches, something I'm sure every president in your history has done at some point or another...

I've yet to see a re-occuring David letterman segment based on what new words the prez has invented during a stuttering incoherent speech ;)

Please fix up the misleading quote in post #38.

4. Students who borrow money starting in July 2014 will be allowed to cap repayments at 10 percent of income above a basic living allowance, instead of 15 percent. Moreover, if they keep up payments, their balances will be forgiven after 20 years instead of 25 years - or after 10 years if they are in public service, like teaching, nursing or serving in the military.

Who is paying for that? Obama's stash? :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKb78kJhaMw]YouTube - Rush Limbaugh: In Line For 'Obama Money' In Detroit[/ame]

5. Unemployment is fixed by fixing unions. They make employment cost prohibitive.
    A deficit is when too much of the world's money is outside America. We get some back. Maybe jack up exchange rates or something. I'm not an economist.

6. A recurring letterman segment? Is that all it takes to show ignorance to you australians?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw]YouTube - Barack Obama "Uh" Count[/ame]

there is one... you can look for the rest. im not going to post all of his speeches but how can you give bush a hard time for making up words the obama is making up states :rolleyes: time for sleep

7. My bad, I meant debt not deficit

The union fix is good but you still need producers and we are not that.

So who is paying for these "forgiven balances?"

Students who borrow money starting in July 2014 will be allowed to cap repayments at 10 percent of income above a basic living allowance, instead of 15 percent. Moreover, if they keep up payments, their balances will be forgiven after 20 years instead of 25 years - or after 10 years if they are in public service, like teaching, nursing or serving in the military.

8. JOE, disagree reps mean nothing. That post is not misleading. There is no legitimate argument here because all you have said is that Obama hasnt gone on tv and talked like an idiot. How that has anything to do with intelligence ill never know. Also, when I show you video's of obama's talking like an idiot you call it a simple mistake however Bush on the other hand.... mistakes made, no F'in way! I could post videos all night of obama making "mistakes" and you will continue your thought process....Its sad that you base intelligence based on Letterman segments.

An American President saying he visited 57 states excluding hawaii and alaska is not a little slip up.

9. Awesome use of the word ignorance mate.

Yes, a recurring segment is all it takes; Mass media is usually involved when a population starts forming opinions, and is usually the catalyst for "talks around the water cooler" at work.

David letterman is a pretty bad example I must admit though; he's not really that popular here, but was an easily recognizable example of a comic that played on GWB's gaffs.
    Many comics, influential people, and news reports liked to pick up on his apparent lack of intelligence though, whereas Obama is simply portrayed in our media as a reformist.

and no, I'm not going to bother looking up the rest of Obamas obscure gaff tapes on youtube, it may change my opinion but it wont change a nations opinion, your Forum replies will need a much larger audience to do that ;)

10. ok so you get your political advice from comedians... Letterman isnt popular anywhere. There are comedians who play on Obamas gaffes also. You should look for truths instead of just listening to the media. You do have the capacity for independent thought right?

11. Jeese, how did i know you'd missrepresent that aswell? :cool:

Many people, myself included, dont like to be missquoted, i made that clear in the Attached Rep comment.

I'm not bothered by you having an opinion different than my own, thats what makes a good argeument, but i do take offence to being ignored when making a multipl, simple, polite request not to be missquoted, for over 10 minutes while you continued to make other posts.

12. Quit playing the victim card.Anyone with half a brain reading this post will see that I added the videos in response to what you said... there is no misleading anything. get over it.

13. I do look for truthes in many places, i pride myself in forming objective views and opinions... but my original post has nothing todo with my personal opinions; the post is directly related to my country's overall opinion. I also explained why a countrys populations are infleunced by nationally broadcast comedians and news articles: they're catalysts for workplace conversations.

Questioning my personal views and opinions is pretty irrelevent when the topic introduced was citing a communitys viewpoint.

14. OK so your country bases its political views on comedians... Stop trying to sneak that "news articles" stuff in there. Im watching you :cool:

15. Well, pretty much.

Nearly all of our shows on TV have hosts that were once comedians, and even those that aren't still take the piss out of blatent idiots. Televised conversation on Obama doesn't really happen except for broadcasts on him doing something to reform a certain law or another, so when normal "average joe's" chat about obama in the workplace or socialy the conversation is quite bland compared to those of your last president.

16. Yes he has. He screws up all the time, however; the main stream media, as we refer to it in this country is admittedly left leaning in their political ideology and does not report on it as much as they do on right side of the isle politicians making gaffs. The reason Bush made more impromptu gaffs on TV is that Obama rarely just goes on TV a "wings' it, hes more scripted and most always uses teleprompters, most of his gaffs were due to the teleprompters malfunctioning and his having to improvise.

Its the same reason that the late night comedians don't make fun of him as much as they did Bush, also there's the issue of white liberal guilt in this country that inhibits their ability to make fun of a man because of his race.

Bottom line, he's just as big of a goof as Bush, he's just better at hiding it. He's definitely not this great orator, savior of the world, genius that the rest of you in the world fell in love with.......You was all bamboozled son, just like 52.9% of the American voters. :wave:

17. The people paying for the forgiven balance are the people who were trying to profit of the education of an under privileged student to the tune of pretty much all the economic benefit of the education.

18. Making student loans even easier to get will further increase the cost of college, and further decrease the value of a degree.

It's a win-win for high-school dropouts.

19. I got kicked out of high school, then went to university. Now I'm all smart and stuff cause I went to a lot of classes and stuff. I can get a job managing a restaurant instead of washing dishes at one. I get an extra $100 a week.

20. I always ask people that support Obama. "What has he done?"