Is it me, or are the Abrahamic religions responsible for all of the BS these days?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Senior PoopiePants, Jul 18, 2010.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    Muslims, Christians, and Jews. They all follow the same god (they say otherwise, but do some research. There are too many parallels).

And who are the ones in constant conflict today and yesterday? Constantly slinging shit at each other?

Think I'm wrong? Look at what's going on now and how shit went down in the past.

If these 3 religions aren't/weren't the cause of 90% of our problems, then fuck me running.

Am I right or am I crazy?

And I'm not in the mood for smart-asses and wise-ass quips in this thread. Respond intelligently and keep the ad-hominems to yourselves or I'll hit the negative rep button. Sue me.

Lets go!

2. I agree with you. All worship the God of Abraham, yet each feels that they are in better with God than the other. I guess that they may also feel that if they can wipe out the others that they will be the one and only with no one else to compete with for God's favor.

3. I don't think it is good to single out any religion. I feel we should view it as a whole and see all the problems. Faith is important in life but to kill and to do extreme things over something not physical or proven is unbelievable and a crime to humanity. I feel religion in general is to blame. It makes my soul hurt to see all the violence and I still cannot believe that these things are still going on. I see the crusaders and the fight for Jerusalem as ridiculous and unthinkable while the middle east is torn to shreds. Makes me shake my head and try to forget.

4. I agree with everything you said - with the exception of singling out any religion.

Taoists and Buddhists don't do any of the things that people of other religions do.

It all seems to go right back to the Abrahamic ones.

But yeah, I weep for humanity. We are so fucking lost. Even the ones who think they're "saved". No offense to those.

5. #5 Shanx420, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    I dunno about ALL the BS, but a lot of it for sure.

They all agree with the same truths, but disagree with different lies.

It would be the same as if a person hated someone for the way they dress. Most people come the conclusion that telling someone they are dressing the wrong way would be a lie, because the right and wrong way to dress are subjective truths.

It's the same with these religions. They agree with each other about the things that are actually true. But what I think happened, is that way back in the beginning, when the religions, which were built on a foundation of truth, came to be, they were mucked up with the imperfections of the subjective, finite minds that created them.

The finite mind holds many subjective truths that are not the larger truth, but instead are part of it, a half truth if you will. The finite mind cannot believe that all things are true, that all behavior is correct. It is a collection of subjective "truths", meaning only true in that one finite mind.

These religions impose these subjective truths on the many. Naturally there will always be someone to disagree with these truths, and that is why we have many religions who speak the same truth and different lies or subjective truths.

At least that's what I think.

6. Suicide attacks kill at least 48 in Iraq - Yahoo! News

Let's all go there and read the comments section.

The reason why I find that so relevant is because it's basically an uncensored consensus of what people REALLY think in the world (or at least a good portion of it).

I read it and I get sick to my stomach - but I can't stop reading it.

From my years of reading those comments in cases and stories like that (the whole middle-east situation especially), I see that we will NEVER get along.

Never.

We're too divided and filled with hate and indoctrinated with belief systems that root themselves into our very hearts and minds. Therefore, once that religion becomes part of you and someone offends it (by disrespecting yours or just not believing it in), it turns into a personal insult and what comes after is... well - you've all seen it before and are seeing it now.

It's in your lives, in the news, in other countries - it's everywhere.

:mad:

7. No one would agree. Its terrible. Peace and love. Peace and love damn it.

8. I ummm... I can't figure out what stance you're taking. :eek:

9. A pastor from Nigeria came to my church. In his home city in Nigeria, muslims have killed over 500 innocent people just recently, mostly women and children, in the name of Islam--a totally unprovoked attack. The NIgerian pastor though, who is christian, has chosen to stay in the city while others are fleeing. His church operates a hospital and a school, both of which have remained open for muslims, because this Nigerian pastor is preaching love as Jesus did. He is showing love to his enemies when they have shown nothing but hate and death towards him and fellow christians.
    What I'm trying to say is, christianity is not evil, and there are many genuine christians trying to spread peace like this one. Love supercedes all laws in christianity, that is what Jesus taught. Christians are no doubt causing evil in this world, because nobody is perfect, but it is hard to doubt that the world would be a better place if everyone actually tried to emulate Jesus, including these so called modern day "Christians."

10. But it's the PRESENCE of religions that are the culprit.

And just because an organization has done good deeds doesn't drown out the bad things.

The Crusades.
    Jihad.
    Killing in the name of the Abrahamic god.
    Strife due to one religion saying that theirs is right and others are wrongs, which puts people against each other.
    The Jehova's witnesses suicide rate.

Any bad person can do a good deed, but that doesn't mean they're not a bad person.

11. I agree if we were like Jesus, everything would be good. But there are multiple Jesus's in this case. And each one wants you to be them. And its just not possible.

12. There are many genuine muslims trying to spread peace and love as well. Same with the Jews. You're religion isn't really that special. I don't see the point you're getting at?

13. I could just as easily say that its the presence of anything other than christianity thats the culprit, right? Because if everyone were christian, there wouldn't be this conflict.

The crusades, etc,--its called slander. If i killed someone in the name of iMPREPREX, it doesn't mean iMPREPREX is to pay for the murder.

And no one is saying that christian "good deeds' make them perfect people. In the bible, God says our good deeds are like filthy rags to him, because he has such a high standard of perfection. So when you say "Any bad person can do a good deed, but that doesn't mean they're not a bad person" i agree with you, and so does christianity. Thats the whole concept of sinners, and i'm sure you've heard of that before.
    The thing that christianity does is acknowledge that we are sinners, and that we need a saviour to save us from our sin.

14. The difference is the type of love we spread. Love from judaism is different, because it does not spread the love of Jesus, which I believe is the only type of love that can save for eternity. Islamic love is also different, because in their religion scripture tells you to worship and love allah by killing the infidel. I believe that the love Jesus showed on the cross is the most genuine, and thats why I follow and preach it.

15. eh emmm--

16. It's not the Abrahamic religion, it is peoples development in their faiths, where they cannot see any deeper than the literal words.

17. eh emmm. . . what? You claim there are too many jesuses to chose from. Maybe its just too difficult to figure it out? not really. I'll make it simple. There is only one Jesus who claims to be the son of God, only one Jesus who died for our sins, and only one Jesus who said he will forgive us.
    The Jews and muslims consider Jesus nothing more than a prophet.
    Only Jesus of the bible claims he can save you, and no other.

18. You are assuming that your Christian faith is factual, which it's not, just like all of the other religions. So, how can you say that yours is right and everybody else's is wrong?