Is it male? Early signs (pic inside)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WinterGreenGrow, May 24, 2010.

1. I was just turning my plants today and I noticed one had something that looks to be pollen sacks right at the spot I topped it about 2 weeks ago. Luckily, its the only one showing these signs, so I just pulled it out of the grow room for the time being. I inspected the entire plant, and it seems that the spot in this picture is the only one where its growing what looks to be the sacks. They seem to be in the early stages if they are in fact what I think they are, I pulled one off and it didn't seem to have any pollen inside.

The plants are growing under a 400w MH, 18/6 light schedule in dirt.

Here's a picture of the area in question. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. Sorry bro, that's a male. If you have any other plants in your garden you should carefully cull that male. If it's your only plant then you can continue to grow it to maturity then chop it and make hash or edibles from it. :smoke:

3. That looks like a male to me so kill it now before you have seeded bud!

4. Thanks for the advice guys. I wanted to double check before I gave this one the axe. Luckily, I have 4 others like it still in the grow room. I figured a few would turn out male so I planned ahead. Hopefully I don't have anymore that haven't reared their ugly head yet.

5. all boy, hold a funeral.

6. Get your gun. take the plant outside...........and put it out of its misery

p.s. dont look it in the eyes, that shit will haunt you.

7. im 100% sure thats a male. i dont see any pistols with hairs so its not a female or hermie. u should save that pic even post to newbs so they know what a male looks like cause u got a perfect example. sorry about the bad news though. :(

8. bump!