Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it legit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by watchalwayon420, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Ok I didn't purchase the bag because it was overpriced in my eyes, especially due to the fact he called it an extinct or endangered strain, so I can't post any pics of what he called Alaskan Thunder Fuck. Just because I'm curious if it could have been ATF, what qualities does this strain possess, I did smoke a little of it, and was super stoned, more of an Indica dominate high, a fruity smell and taste, it was very very green, the trichomes were small in size, yet plentiful almost as plentiful as a White strain. The hairs were very long (i know they contain very little THC) and little in numbers.

So this brings me to the question could I be blazed off ATF and missed out on the opportunity to possibly possess one of the God's of Marijuana, that is all but if not completely nonexistent?

2. It's just a strain of ganja bro.. Haha theres lots more out there

3. I've learned to stop caring about names and just knowing by look/taste.

4. Eh, is it really a big deal?

5. ^^^^ This.

Names for weed are simply selling points these days, ask any grower they will tell you most of the time they just slap some dank name on it to give it that extra zing, i know i do because i fuckin forget half the time :p

6. I grew some ATF, there is no fruity smell to it imo.

7. A real grower, with real strains will know the strain. I personally grow strains specifically for certain reasons (a certain type of high, a certain taste, a certain potency).

The only time I trust strain names is from the grower (which.. happens to be myself), or from a reputable dispensary.

8. ATF can't be grown correctly except outdoors in Alaska due to the rich soil content and the irreplaceable power of the sun. No growing season even comes close to what Alaska delivers, thus that's how Alaskan Thunder Fuck came to be.

9. [quote name='"Spaced"']

ATF can't be grown correctly except outdoors in Alaska due to the rich soil content and the irreplaceable power of the sun. No growing season even comes close to what Alaska delivers, thus that's how Alaskan Thunder Fuck came to be.[/quote]

Bahahahahha bahahahahaha

10. [quote name='"Spaced"']

ATF can't be grown correctly except outdoors in Alaska due to the rich soil content and the irreplaceable power of the sun. No growing season even comes close to what Alaska delivers, thus that's how Alaskan Thunder Fuck came to be.[/quote]

Because indoor grows can't replicate climate....

11. I've had legit ATF before, its one of my favorite strains, and thats just my opinion, but I wouldn't purchase anything off it's name only...names dont mean anything, i could shit in a bag and tell you it's Mississippi rain kush..

12. it sucks that people say name doesnt mean anything, because it does. different buds have different effects. I guess it doesn't mean shit to YOU guys, but for medical patients that need to know which strains do what and help what it is very useful information.

13. I have come to find out that Marijuana strain names are made up by our ancestors and their ancestors, It would be better if it was a number, like if two strains were mixed together it would be like
    60265+28472=88737
    "You got that double 8 737 bro?"

14. Why didn't you just buy the bag of weed? Who gives a fuck if the weed isn't Jesus' Ball Hair, it's fuckin' weed. You're not shopping for brand name clothes here.

15. i hate when kids used to try n sell me shwagg or mids... they come up with the craziest names...

"bro this is some dank...uhh... silver rainbow blueberry kiwi super sour haze cough"

id just say "what ever man... " and buy it if it looked good..

... but don't by into names... unless you live in cali, noone goes by names... i go by look and taste like boobtree said... people round here just make shit up

i could buy the same lame indica mids from 5 different people and they would all tell me a different name for it...

names are a joke

16. it's not that names don't mean anything, it's that a large percentage of dealers slap a bullshit name on their bud to make people think it's better than it is.

17. He said it seemed overpriced.

I had some Jesus Ball Hair once, it was divine. :)

18. [quote name='"Kroptonik"']it sucks that people say name doesnt mean anything, because it does. different buds have different effects. I guess it doesn't mean shit to YOU guys, but for medical patients that need to know which strains do what and help what it is very useful information.[/quote]

Strain doesn't mean squat unless the grower knows what they're doing. Jimbo from Arkansas can crow some headband under a fish tank light,But just cause it has a name doesn't make it dank, it's the growers skill

19. Where are you going to get that soil? Just going to hop on over to Alaska and dig it up?

You can't replicate the sun. You may be able to grow some damn good ATF, but it won't be what it's intended to be.

20. That's why you only grow strains that can tolerate your environment.. Soil, air pressure, humidy, rainfall. All factors. NO indoor plant has the potential of an outdoor plant