Is it legal?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ghost Of Cigeth, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Is it legal to buy cannabis seeds here in the U.S?

2. no it is not legal. But you can do it.

3. Can you explain in detail please?

4. It is illegal to posess cannabis seeds in the USA. They can get you in trouble for having
    them. If you buy some, they may be siezed by customs when they enter the USA. You
    can buy them, but there is no guarantee of delivery.

From what I hear, most make it through. Best bet is to place two or three small orders..
    at least one order should make it to your mailbox. Even better.. have them sent to a
    "clean" address so you dont get busted.

~Experimentalist

5. So you're saying I can get them if I only order one set?

Also, if they catch it will I get in trouble or something?

6. There is a chance that one set would make it, sure.

Most likely not.. you might get a letter in the mail from customs saying that they
    sized it. I guess it is *possible* to get in trouble, but I don't think I know of anyone
    here who has.

~Experimentalist

7. you will get a customes letter explaining why its wrong also with this listed below.. never use your real name. dont freak they are to busy worring about big shit than some homie scorin some dope. i have a ton f letters... be ware of the green tape!!

Attached Files:

• pot.jpg
      pot.jpg
      File size:
      158.1 KB
      Views:
    • pot2.jpg
      pot2.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
  8. It is a shame that cannabis seeds are so distinctive and recognisable. I regularly send seeds of Lophophora williamsii (peyote) to the US (is everything illegal there?), they are just tiny little black things. I routinely label them as another species - who is going to argue?

9. According to Jorge Cervantes, author of Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible, he has never heard of anyone actually get in legal trouble because of having seeds sent to them. Jorge really know's his shit and knows growers from coast to coast and across all seas. If he says that he's never heard of a single person actually getting in legal trouble due to importing seeds, I wouldn't have any worries.

But I do have a legal question and seen this thread so I'll just add to it.

It's about these forums. I've been a long time lurker and owe many of you a beer and a burn for all the great info but seriously, who prevents the police from forcing GC from turning over everyone's info plus IPs? The GC servers are located in the NL which is probably a good thing though.

Reason for my asking is because I'm actually in the process of starting my first grow and I'd like to document it on here with you guys but man... I hate the police.

10. They won't be turnin your shit over, because it's based in Amsterdam... But you do have to do your part to make sure you're secure. Don't use your real name/address/etc. Connect through a proxy, if possible. Don't take pictures with shit in it that can be used to identify you... Basically, cover your ass :)

11. they would never ask for Ip's from a pot smokein site, i am very heavy into body building and i use steroids and they are a lot more anal about them than they are about refer trust me on that one my friend you hav no worries, just dont be stupid if or when you distribute :D happy growing!!

12. Don´t assume we all live in the land of the not so free. The cops can have my name, address and phone number if they ask nicely.

13. I never assumed nor applied that everyone was from the same place. That's a silly statement. Some of us, or at least I, do live in the land lacking liberty thus my concern. I wish that all of us were as lucky as you.

14. So come and grow and live here in the sun. Cost of living is low, I can buy a bottle of scotch for 5 Euro and a 24 can crate of beer for 6.

15. Man, I would love too. Europe is awesome. I routinely go to Amsterdam. Been to Jamaica as well. Spain would be awesome. Maybe when times get better and money is a little easier to come by we'll make the trip. My wife really wants to go to Greece; it would be an awesome couple week trip going to Greece, hoping over to Italy, then go visit Spain. See all sides of the Mediterranean. Maybe one day.

But pleasure meeting you and all of you on here. Like I've said, I've been a lurker for some time but I think I've decided moving forward with documenting my first grow with you guys so hopefully you'll see that thread started maybe tonight.

Like all noobs, I have what seems like a million questions.

Have fun and take care.